Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Why should i buy Moomba when it takes 4 weeks to get a part

Yes , i have 99 outback ls and its been over 3 weeks and a oil pressure guage has yet to be sent from the manufacturer to my dealer. I am looking at a new v drive boat and should i consider moomba when it takes so long for replacement parts??????????????????
    Doug Setterington
    519 641 1163

Update on this post

Sometimes you just would like to be informed as to what the issue is! I finally got my gauge in time to sell my boat at the end of august. Still not sure what the entire issue was....sc plant summer slow down, gauge manufacturer summer shut down......what i do know is that my dealer never left me a message( i have call display and answering machines) and i didn't find out that my gauge was in until i phoned sc myself as to what was going on and they said they had no record so it must have been shipped. I would have to say that my dealer dropped the ball in this case as has been the case in the past, but i like giving second chances.
    In the 10 years i had my boat i had few sc problems, it was a great boat. I ended up having another dealer ... Club Royale in Michigan (because the dealer i bought the boat from never returned my calls) install a tower on my boat with which i was extremely pleased with. As a result of poor service from my original dealer i was very reluctant to even look at moombas or anything else he had again. But I did and ended up dealing with Ron from Aqua Marine of Anderson Indiana and buying a Supra boat. (Club Royale didn't have the boat i wanted or i probably would have dealt with them.) Ron and Don from indiana have been absolutely awesome in knowledge and service compared to my original dealer and helped restored my faith in sc and their prducts. i truly believe that its the dealers that make the difference......note that these 2 dealers are 500 and 700 km away from my original dealer but definitely worth the drive.

i feel that it is a must and important to give credit and praise where it is due if we are to complain as well.
    Last edited by DOCDRS; 10-17-2009 at 12:43 AM. Reason: follow up

I feel for you buddy, I have been waiting for 5 weeks for my oil pressure gauge and when they finaly sent the gauge it was the wrong one. My guess is if I had to wait 5 weeks for the first one I will have to wait another 5 for the next one which puts me at the end of the season.
    Reality is a crutch for people who can’t handle alcohol.

I had to wait 2 months for my Z5 cargo rack. SC had to actually make a new one as they had none left from the off season or something.

It sucks but i honestly don't see Malibu or MC being any better. I would expect its due tot he slow economy and a lot of retailers stopped ordering and put a lot of manufactures of parts out of business. Now people are spending some money but there is no stock. We are waiting for things to be made and restocked causing a shortage of parts.

As in economics, your experiencing a shortage of supply with a demand, generally followed with a price hike.

I know at my company we slowed to a dead craw the last 6 months. No one was buying out products. We had to go into cost savings mode. Now in the last couple weeks we are slammed with orders and we are so busy we can barely keep up. I guess its a good problem to have.
    Malo <--- Means--Evil or Mean One. This explains a lot.
    2013 Mojo 2.5 Skylon Tower. Bestia < Beast >
    [COLOR="#696969"]

If I had a to get a part for my boat, I would be going on-line and getting the part. The guages in my boat were the same ones used by Mastercraft so I assume there are at least a dozen companies waiting for your order
    1998 Mobius
    310 HP PCM
    SOLD

Same with the Z5... not manufactured by Skiers Choice.

Default Moomba warranty dept MIA

Quote Originally Posted by DOCDRS View Post
    Yes , i have 99 outback ls and its been over 3 weeks and a oil pressure guage has yet to be sent from the manufacturer to my dealer. I am looking at a new v drive boat and should i consider moomba when it takes so long for replacement parts??????????????????
    Doug Setterington
    519 641 1163
    I bought an '08 LSV and needed some gel coat work done under warranty. Moomba is not returning the dealer's phone calls to authorize the work. I wish I would have researched the service side of Moomba before purchasing my boat. I work in the service and sales industry for heavy equipment, and if I treated my customers that way I would have been out of business a long time ago. We have also been waiting for our second key since last August. For some reason that is difficult to obtain too. Very unhappy with service and parts. They have us held hostage. They have my boat during the boating season. Disappointing...

I wonder if this explains why in over 20 years of owning and driving (and repairing) BMW's I only went to the dealer once! After that incident I have been able to find every single part I needed made by the OEM suppliers online, instock and for much cheaper prices!!!!
    Who's name is on the gauge? Go online look them up, give them a call! Ski boat dealers are NOT going to stock much as they (factories) change this stuff too often from year to year and face it it isn't like they have some huge dealer network like GM or Ford.

I would NOT let an oil pressure gauge keep me from skiing either, this is a small block Chevy, the sending unit would probably work with a zillion aftermarket gauges or idiot lights you could get cheap down at Pep Boys, Advanced Auto or even Walmart. Rig one of those up until the OEM shows up. I bet you wouldn't spend more than 30 dollars to do this (gauge and sending unit) and you would have the boat to use in the mean time!

Quote Originally Posted by brain_rinse View Post
    Same with the Z5... not manufactured by Skiers Choice.
    Dont get me wrong im not complaining. I was getting frustrated but AWS was always saying they were waiting on SC not some 3rd party customer.

I was only making a point that in these times it seems waiting for stuff is part of the game.

I would have waited a couple months and been happy about it now that i know how much i really do love my Z5. Its by far IMO the best looking and most usable top i could have gotten.
    Malo <--- Means--Evil or Mean One. This explains a lot.
    2013 Mojo 2.5 Skylon Tower. Bestia < Beast >
    [COLOR="#696969"]

Saw a brand new Mastercraft being pulled by a jet ski the other day.

Point is, all will fail sooner or later. Usually sooner then later. I think Moomba is a great boat for the money that you spend, and the resale is close to reality when you sell it, rather than a boat that cost twice as much, you only get half as much when you sell it.

My next boat will be from SC. Will upgrade a bit to the Supra.

I have cell phone insurance. Phone got run over. Took them 5 weeks for me to get my new one. It is suppose to take three days. Main thing is, don't sweat the small stuff. I dropped the insurance now and next time will just buy another, my phone is usual very taken care of anyway.

Default Dealer STEPS UP

ROMOBOCO steped up and made the repairs to my 08 lsv without having to wait on the authorization from Skiers Choice. It sounds like the warranty department is paying the dealers back with parts credits and not for the labor they are paying out to the techs. Thanks to Bill, Terry and Lynn we got our boat back and were able to spend the day on the lake for our family reunion.