Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Video: 2008 Moomba Outback V Wakesufing with 2400lb of ballast

I filled all 3 ballast bags of the gravity3 system (1200lb) and I added two Sumo Sacs on the surf side (750lb + 450lb). I put the wakeplate 1/4 up @ 10.5mph. Only 2 people were in the boat.

Note: The stock prop was replaced with an OJ 14x14.25 wakeboard prop to handle all the weight!

Don't laugh too hard at my video editing skills. This is my first time with windows movie maker. lol

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mpSZWuGDLuo
    Last edited by deafgoose; 07-26-2009 at 04:57 PM.
    2008 Outback V - gravity III ballasts, perfect pass star gazer, hydraulic wake plate, depth finder, water stainer, rad-a-cage tower, board racks, tower mirror, bimini top, audio package d, graphics package e, appearance package, cockpit & tonneau cover, mooring cover, black stainless rubrail, docking lights, OJ 14.25x14.0 prop.

Toys: Ronix Viva 136 with Kai bindings, Phase5 Drew Danielo Pro, Straight Line Sumo Sac 750lb, 450lb, 125lb ballast.

Cool

Awesome video. I like it.

deaf - I think you did a great job with the edit. Fun to see the falls, too. You ever get hit by the surf board? - Deerfield
    2007 Outback - SOLD June 2016
    2012 RAM Crew Cab
    2015 Subaru Forester
    Stuart

"When you first start out with something new, you're always a little uptight." - Don Rickles

Quote Originally Posted by deerfield View Post
    deaf - I think you did a great job with the edit. Fun to see the falls, too. You ever get hit by the surf board? - Deerfield
    Thanks!

I have never been hit by my board yet. I just hope that we catch it on video when it happens.
    2008 Outback V - gravity III ballasts, perfect pass star gazer, hydraulic wake plate, depth finder, water stainer, rad-a-cage tower, board racks, tower mirror, bimini top, audio package d, graphics package e, appearance package, cockpit & tonneau cover, mooring cover, black stainless rubrail, docking lights, OJ 14.25x14.0 prop.

Toys: Ronix Viva 136 with Kai bindings, Phase5 Drew Danielo Pro, Straight Line Sumo Sac 750lb, 450lb, 125lb ballast.

Awesome video man. I love that song too LOL.

Was that your other half in the blue shorts? I liked the plug your nose at the end on the last fall LOL.

Looks like some good times man.
    Malo <--- Means--Evil or Mean One. This explains a lot.
    2013 Mojo 2.5 Skylon Tower. Bestia < Beast >
    [COLOR="#696969"]

great video. is that what i need to surf behind my obv

Joe
    A Day at the Lake...Priceless
    A Day in Powder...Endless

Joe V
    2012 Möbius XLV~ Loaded & Exiled
    2007 Outback V ~ sold

goose, great videao.

Question, why are you filling all 3 bags on the gravity 3?
    Hey, Its Moomba time

Its all about the dash - enjoy the dash, as that is your time between the dates
    13 Mobius LSV-sold
    08 Mobius LSV-sold
    03 Mobius LSV-sold
    life is about finding the balance between being a responsible adult and staying young at heart

Great vid and editing. That chick can surf. Loved the in-water shots.
    Sold my Moomba. Currently boat whoring.

Set Ups - 09 CWB Transcend Platinum w/ 09 Ronix Cells (his) and 08 Liquid Force Angel w/ 08 Alloys (hers)

Quote Originally Posted by mmandley View Post
    Awesome video man. I love that song too LOL.

Was that your other half in the blue shorts? I liked the plug your nose at the end on the last fall LOL.

Looks like some good times man.
    Yeah, that my gf Izzy. We have been dating for 10years now.

Quote Originally Posted by moombadaze View Post
    goose, great videao.

Question, why are you filling all 3 bags on the gravity 3?
    The more weight the better. The extra 1200lb that I add to the surf side is enough to tilt the boat.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff W View Post
    Great vid and editing. That chick can surf. Loved the in-water shots.
    Yeah, she is getting good.

We only have 140hrs on our boat since we bought it last year. Most of that time we spent wakeboarding. We only recently started surfing.

Quote Originally Posted by deafgoose View Post
    The more weight the better. The extra 1200lb that I add to the surf side is enough to tilt the boat.

Yeah, she is getting good.

goose-I was wondering why you would fill the offside up with ballast-is that not counterproductive? to getting a good tilt.

Yes your girl was fun to watch-looked like she was having a blast.
    Hey, Its Moomba time

Its all about the dash - enjoy the dash, as that is your time between the dates
    13 Mobius LSV-sold
    08 Mobius LSV-sold
    03 Mobius LSV-sold
    life is about finding the balance between being a responsible adult and staying young at heart