Default LSV Stiff Steering

I have a 05 LSV that has become very stiff in the steering that requires a lot of muscle to turn the boat. There are 310 hours on the boat. Any suggestions?

This is one of those recurring problems that is posted here quite often. In most cases it is caused by water entering the steering cable where it connects to the rudder. It seems that this is the lowest point in the hull of your boat, and if you do not get ALL of the water out the end of the cable soaks in it. Eventually, the water migrates up the cable and causes corrosion. Unfortunately, it is very difficult to get all of the water out of the boat. I now have a shop vac that is dedicated to this purpose, and try to always use it when I put the boat in the garage. If you grease the end of the cable when the boat is winterized, it will help prevent this from occuring.
    At this point you'll probably have to have the cable replaced, or do it yourself if you have the time and are handy. If you search, there are instructions posted on this board to do the work.

Thank you for the information. I will have it replaced and start using the shop vac.

I have been through two steering cables, and now I just put the boat on the lift and pull the plug after each use.