Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Sled491 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by germa001 View Post
    The wakeboard Pro is a great system but the stargazer is a really great system from what I've read. around 20mph our system is perfecct but as we increase the speed, the accuracy decreases. When our hand held GPS reads 30mph the PP reads 28 and the boats speedo reads around 30 to 31. That doesn't make a lot of sense to me considering the PP and boats speedo run off of the same paddle wheel. for right now our PP works great and we won't be upgrading anytime soon. But if I was buying a new boat and looking for speed control I would seriously consider getting the newer system just to get a more accurate speed reading for confirmation and consistency If I'm skiing behind a different boat.

Sounds like a calibration problem to me. That is the one problem for the PP Wakeboard pro. At slalom speeds you need to calibrate for every speed setting. You need a GPS and some open water and patients (spelling?).

We did callibrate at each speed. The boat runs at the right speed but the PP says it is running slower than it acctually is. That's because the Speedo on the PP can only be callibrated at one speed recomended to be 20mph because you'll be using the speedo for wakeboarding. As you get away from that speed the accuracy of the speedo falls off. In Slalom mode our boat runs at the proper speeds but the speedo is wrong because the actual speed is farther away from 20mph. even a cars speedo gets less accurate the farther you get from the speed it is callibrated at. The problem is that PP's accuracy falls off a good bit. with the gps though, I could be confident in the Speed I was running at all times.

Sled491 Guest

You have other problems then my friend. I have an 07 Outback with PP wakeboard pro. Baiscally I'm a skier and my family dables with surfing and wakeboarding. I use the PP 99% for my skiing and have had no such issues since reclaibrating my PP beginning of last season (previous season we did have the problem you speak of). I ski 34 and 36 MPH and find the analog speedo and my PP to be within 1/2 mph of each other and that can be contributed to viewing angle of the analog speedo.

Don't get me wrong the star gazer is the future, but for 99.9 % of the people out there that kind of accuaracy would probably not even be recognized. Also, did stargazer ever fix the issue with current?

Guma,

Perfect pass is a dream for riders and drivers.

As far as audio, i have done the full JL Audio in my LSV. Pricey, but You will NOT be disappointed.

SC_LSV
    2006 Moomba Mobius LSV Black/Grey
    Board - 08 Ronix Covin / 08 Ronix Cells
    Surf - CWB Tsunami
    Audio - 6 - JL M650-CCX 6.5" in boat
    2 - JL M770-ETX 7.7" on Tower
    2 - JL 10" W1 Subs
    JL M6600W & JL M1700W Amps

not to get off topic, but our speedo and pp do not agree with each other and both are off from a gps unit, and as stated, the faster you go, the further off they are.
    sounds like mine needs calibrated as well.. kind of frustrating to look down and see you are doing 28 on one and 24 on the other.
    sounds like a nice afternoon on the lake to me
    perfect pass is def. the way to go though, and stargazer if it's only $100 extra. I have heard that it holds surf speeds better than pp out of the gate. doesn't run as far past the speed setting before dialing back.
    '06 Supra Launch 20SSV-gone but never forgotten

Sled491 Guest

PP needs TLC to get it right, but is great when you get it. Wake theory says you need to go past speed to build ideal wake, then settle down to surf speed to get best results. there was some discussion on this when Ed was having a similar problem.

Cool

I went through this same problem with PP reading one speed and boat speedo reading another when i replaced my controle module after it burned out last yr.When talking to an advisor from PP about the differences in readings he told me its one of the nuances of the Wakeboard PRO model.
    I set my boat speedo and do my 20 mph calibration with a GPS , set up all your slalom speeds etc and then go. Boat speeds match up in wakeboard mode but not in slalom mode at least on the digital dial. Boat does follow proper speeds as speedo shows but digital readout is off. I've checked these at a later time against the GPS and all is good. Apparently its a Glitch in the wakeboard Pro module program which they feel isn't worth fixing as it was suggested to fix this was to switch to Star Gazer. Apparently there used to be a sepparate PP and Wakeboard PP but since they only make the one now or Star Gazer thats what you get.
    When skiing i just set my required speeds and go and can check against the boat speedo which is pretty acurate. Kinda chintzy but i like it just the same. I occasionally get the GPS out just to double check and so far all is good.

Sled491 Guest

Ah crap, now mine has gone goofy. Tonight went out for my ski. Set PP to 34 as I was woking on some ski set up stuff. PP never read above 31 MPH while set at 34, however the boat was actually only going 31 per the analog speedo.

By the way this will be the last I post on this thread about PP as I was rude of me to steal. Enjoy your OBV By the way what kind of work takes you over seas for a few months?
    Last edited by Sled491; 07-30-2009 at 10:01 PM. Reason: add on apology