Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

The water strainer is the, THE BEST OPTION we put on our boat! I am amazed how often it is full of weeds. Weeds that will cause a coolant system failure!
    I am now wondering what the heck did the old MasterCraft do with all of them?????

Sled491 Guest

Ate them for breakfast. It was a vegitarian

Quote Originally Posted by zegm View Post
    The water strainer is the, THE BEST OPTION we put on our boat! I am amazed how often it is full of weeds. Weeds that will cause a coolant system failure!
    I am now wondering what the heck did the old MasterCraft do with all of them?????
    Whats this strainer you all speak of? I have what looks to be a strainer on the ballast system with a clear container and filter inside. Are you guys adding one to the water intake system?

We don't have weeds or grass where we go, at least i never see any but there's always little bits of debris floating around the shores.
    Malo <--- Means--Evil or Mean One. This explains a lot.
    2013 Mojo 2.5 Skylon Tower. Bestia < Beast >
    [COLOR="#696969"]

Sled491 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by mmandley View Post
    Whats this strainer you all speak of? I have what looks to be a strainer on the ballast system with a clear container and filter inside. Are you guys adding one to the water intake system?

We don't have weeds or grass where we go, at least i never see any but there's always little bits of debris floating around the shores.
    It is the exact same system.

how does this strainer mount on to the intake ed? anyone have a pic

Sled491 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by gus 08 mobius lsv View Post
    how does this strainer mount on to the intake ed? anyone have a pic
    It gets cut into the hose that comes off the brass pick up and ends at the frewshwater end of your water pump. Pics can be found on the modifications section.

Basically it is just supported by the hoses themselves and is not mounted to anything.

We have the strainer in our 09 OBV. We wouldn't have gotten it if we would have ordered a boat but it was on the boat we bought. We have 70 Hrs on our boat and haven't had to clean it out once. It just depends on what type of lake you are running in. Our lake doesn't have a lot of weeds and we rarely get into water less than 10 ft deep. But If you are in doubt why not get it. It's still nice to have in case we do get into shallow water. Also, we got Perfect pass wakeboard pro from the dealer. It's great, but I kind of wish we had Perfect pass stargazer now. I don't know if you can get stargazer from the factory but I would recomend going ahead and getting it instead of wakeboard pro however you can get it. The initial price difference is like 100 bucks but the upgrade later is more like 400.

Sled491 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by germa001 View Post
    We have the strainer in our 09 OBV. We wouldn't have gotten it if we would have ordered a boat but it was on the boat we bought. We have 70 Hrs on our boat and haven't had to clean it out once. It just depends on what type of lake you are running in. Our lake doesn't have a lot of weeds and we rarely get into water less than 10 ft deep. But If you are in doubt why not get it. It's still nice to have in case we do get into shallow water. Also, we got Perfect pass wakeboard pro from the dealer. It's great, but I kind of wish we had Perfect pass stargazer now. I don't know if you can get stargazer from the factory but I would recomend going ahead and getting it instead of wakeboard pro however you can get it. The initial price difference is like 100 bucks but the upgrade later is more like 400.
    Why do you think Star Gazer would be a better fit?

The wakeboard Pro is a great system but the stargazer is a really great system from what I've read. around 20mph our system is perfecct but as we increase the speed, the accuracy decreases. When our hand held GPS reads 30mph the PP reads 28 and the boats speedo reads around 30 to 31. That doesn't make a lot of sense to me considering the PP and boats speedo run off of the same paddle wheel. for right now our PP works great and we won't be upgrading anytime soon. But if I was buying a new boat and looking for speed control I would seriously consider getting the newer system just to get a more accurate speed reading for confirmation and consistency If I'm skiing behind a different boat.