Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default sink truck/launch boat

As some of you may know my local lake has been very low on water lately and some people had been power loading there boat when the lake was at normal levels, this caused a about a 15 foot deep hole to develop(this took years to happen), right behind that hole a sand bar developed. Any way when the lake was so low the hole filled in with sand and made launching a little fun, as you can see I had back way out across the sandbar to get the trailer in deep water to get the boat to float.

Well we have had lots and lots of heavy rain lately and the lake has come up and this is what im dealling with now.

those tires are oversized 35x12.5x20 truck is mildly lifted

here i am driving out

This is where i should be loading the boat-there is a good 6 feet of sand under the trailer tires

The water was about a inch from coming in the drivers door and yes 4x4 was used as i did not want to get stuck and dig holes and sink my poor truck any lower. One bit of good news--we had the lake to ourselves
    Last edited by moombadaze; 07-25-2009 at 12:00 PM.
    Hey, Its Moomba time

Its all about the dash - enjoy the dash, as that is your time between the dates
    13 Mobius LSV-sold
    08 Mobius LSV-sold
    03 Mobius LSV-sold
    life is about finding the balance between being a responsible adult and staying young at heart

Cool pictures and I bet you will need wheel bearings in your rig before long.

Wow. I thought the last pic's where bad. I guess it was good you got the lake to yourselfs. I know i would think twice about putting my boat in the water if i watched you back that far in.
    2008 Outback V - Sold but never forgotten.
    “Do not wait; the time will never be “just right.” Start where you stand, and work with whatever tools you may have at your command, and better tools will be found as you go along." -Napoleon Hill

Wow, is that Lake Padgett or East Lake?

I think Dave is on Padgett right? He has a nice ramp behind his shop, very steep and water level was perfect. I'm sure he would let a loyal customer like yourself use it every now and then.

Thumbs up

Good thing you have a Dodge!
    Texas is a Great Country!

2008 XLV 1100# sacks X3! Whooya!

So since it is this bad this year are you going to install a snorkel on the truck and water proof the doors next year?
    2008 Outback V - Sold but never forgotten.
    “Do not wait; the time will never be “just right.” Start where you stand, and work with whatever tools you may have at your command, and better tools will be found as you go along." -Napoleon Hill

Quote Originally Posted by Guma View Post
    Wow, is that Lake Padgett or East Lake?

I think Dave is on Padgett right? He has a nice ramp behind his shop, very steep and water level was perfect. I'm sure he would let a loyal customer like yourself use it every now and then.
    Lake Padgett -its the park right across from the dealership

Quote Originally Posted by jester View Post
    So since it is this bad this year are you going to install a snorkel on the truck and water proof the doors next year?
    Well that is something to think about The lake is now at the correct level its just the sand on the ramp. There is another lake in the area and will just start using it-its just smaller and shallower so the surf wave is not real good.
    Hey, Its Moomba time

Its all about the dash - enjoy the dash, as that is your time between the dates
    13 Mobius LSV-sold
    08 Mobius LSV-sold
    03 Mobius LSV-sold
    life is about finding the balance between being a responsible adult and staying young at heart

Same as last time i saw these pic, wow and crazy insane way to launch your boat. I can only imagine the peeps here in Portland having to do that. Id just sit on the tailgate with a camera and laugh.

As is i make it a point to hang out by the dock at least 30 minutes to watch the crazy people there. Even the people who know what they are doing make it a fiasco thats funny to watch.

Looks like you need to get a bigger lift, some 24s and maybe some diesel stack exhaust pipes LOL
    Malo <--- Means--Evil or Mean One. This explains a lot.
    2013 Mojo 2.5 Skylon Tower. Bestia < Beast >
    [COLOR="#696969"]

You're going to have to start filling the air bags on your truck to get it to float!

Sled491 Guest

Wild, I have to imagine keeping the interior of your truck is simple, just open the doors and let nature do it's thing.