Thread: Stereo Upgrade

Default Stereo Upgrade

I am done screwing around with trying to make this kenwood sound good.

Anybody put together a nice system for their craft? Not looking to break any windows. just good tight sound for evening cruises and enough power to show the kids on the lake that this old man has a little something.

There's a lot of recent threads on the forum on this subject, search stereo upgrades, stereo mods, etc and you'll find all you need including my own.
    2007 Mobius LSV

i did all JL Audio in mine. see below. very clean sound, no distortion. I still need to upgrade my head unit though to give a lil more versitility with adjusting everything.

SC_LSV
    2006 Moomba Mobius LSV Black/Grey
    Board - 08 Ronix Covin / 08 Ronix Cells
    Surf - CWB Tsunami
    Audio - 6 - JL M650-CCX 6.5" in boat
    2 - JL M770-ETX 7.7" on Tower
    2 - JL 10" W1 Subs
    JL M6600W & JL M1700W Amps

LSV
    I completely removed everything from the boat. I found everything on ebay. First I ask what you are asking and got the answer you are looking for.
    1. First I purchased a new Kenwood HU The new one that I have has 3 RCA Outputs. It also works with the existing remotes I have.
    2. I Removed all the kenwood speakers. I replaced them with Polk Audio DB651 speakers
    3. I purchased a 10" Boston Acoustic G3 Sub and an encloser for www.audioformz.com
    4. I purchased a kicker MX700.5 for the cabin speakers and the sub.

Let me tell you. I get lots of compliments on the sound. I also have tower speakers 4 MB Quart 6.5" They are powered by a Kicker MX350.4 amp. I have pictures of the install in my profile. Also, I ran all new speaker wire to the speakers.
    Tazz

p.s. Sometimes www.crutchfield.com has the Polk audio on sale. Buy one at full price and get the second one at half price.
    Tazz 07' Moomba LSV --Kicker Marine Amps (MX700.5 & MX350.4) 6 polk DB651 speakers, 4 MB Quartz Marine Speakers, 10" Boston Acoustic Sub, Z-5 Cargo Rack, Custom Speaker/Light Bar, modified ballast system, Custom LED Rings
    Live life to the extreme and no less!!

For the budget minded:

This one is very reasonable and has great inputs and three pairs of preamp outs. I replaced the 9 year old Kenwood with it. Very happy. Don't know anything about the speakers that came with it but you can get the unit without them.

http://www.westmarine.com/webapp/wcs...classNum=10877

This is a page with photos and specs:

http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_...al+MXDM66.html
    My Mom said I'm not allowed to get wet!
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by ;68714
    did all Wet Sounds in mine. 3-Some on teh tower powered by a Syn6, 6 XS-650's powered by a Syn4, and 2 XXX 12's powered by 2 Syn1's.

I also ran a tube from the cupholder drain to the fresh-air tubing to keep my amps from getting wet, since SC put that open cupholder over the top of the amps when they built the boat.
    interested to see where you put all of those amps... any pics?
    Last edited by Ed G; 07-25-2009 at 05:35 AM.

2007 Mobius LSV