Default i'm finall ready to pull the trigger

ok after reading and rereading all the stereo threads and doing research and looking at my budget i've came up with the set up mmandley went with sorry to copy you man but job looks very nice and its within what i wanna spend!

from what you guys say i won't be sorry keeping everything kicker since u can't beat their price and sounds good...am i right?

tower speakers: kmt6 powered by zx700.5 amp

kc10 sub and cabin speakers powered by zx450.2 amp

wet sounds equalizer

first question is eventually i will upgrade tower speakers to something like wetsounds or whatever sounds the best in a few years so will this amp be ok for something like the wetsounds double up speakers?

second question is for razz i see you used a zx650.4 amp for your second amp... why did you go this size and should i also?

i have a kicker 200.2 amp powering my cabins right now which is kinda weak i think... can i use it for anything in my new set up or just figure on replacing it?
    i don't have a factory sub so will i like the kicker sub or should i go with something else here?
    my head unit is kenwood kdc-mp2035 will this be ok to keep in or will i need to replace it to maximize my sound?
    wherever i decide to put the sub is where its gonna be for good so any suggestions as to where and how to put to get the full affect i'm willing hear!

any and all information is appreciated thanks guys!

Awesome man, hell im flattered not mad you would go the same gear i did. I think you will be very pleased.

Im hopping you got a typo here.

Tower on the 700.5
    Cabins on 450.2

Cabins go on the 700.5
    Sub go on the 700.5
    Tower on the 450.2

I don't see why you wouldn't be able to run the wet sounds on the 450.2 its a very powerful amp and even in my boat the gain isn't up very much and those KMT6s are cranking out the tunes.

The kicker 200 series amps are realy best in closed areas such as cars and trucks. They have realy nice power but in an open boat area they just fall short. I am putting both the stock kicker amps in my truck this winter as a truck stereo up grade project.

I am seriously considering a WS EQ also.

Subwoofer- Mines in the floor right in front of your feet. Its the kicker C10 competition series. Really nice Sub and pounds out the bass really well for a non box application. This winter Newty said he would help me make a box for it and install it under at my feet in the drivers area.

You can put the sub in lots of places just remember about water drainage, it needs a box, and it needs some room to push air for its sound.

If you have any questions or anything PM ill give ya my cell man.
    Malo <--- Means--Evil or Mean One. This explains a lot.
    2013 Mojo 2.5 Skylon Tower. Bestia < Beast >
    [COLOR="#696969"]

haha well glad u took it that way!

yeah mike that was a typo the way u listed is how i had figured thanks for clearing that up.

on an old thread i seen a wetsound equalizer installed on the dash under the other switches but can't find it now...you know who that was cause i wanna look at it again cause it was a nice look and clean job.

i def will do that mike... i was thinking about asking if i could call but didn't wanna bother u. i'm gonna attempt to do this on my own with my cousins help so if that pans out i'll use your help glady.

where did u get your amps and speakers from?

what material will ya use to keep any water from hurting it. under the steering wheel is where u will put yours for the final job?
    Last edited by gus 08 mobius lsv; 07-27-2009 at 09:50 PM.

Ill have to look for the thread with the EQ i know the one ya mean.

I got the amps and speakers from Ebay and Hifisound connections.

I just did a search on Google for kicker 700.5 and 450.2 and got what i liked the best.

As for sub material and coating MB board with a resin or thick water proofing coating will do the job. i don't know to much about making sub boxes so you will have to enlist Razz or Newty or one of the other tech guys on that.

This is why im hopping Newty will have time this winter at some point to help me out on my sub project.

As for location yes under the drivers area at your feet. Its the most popular place and offers a good amount of room and lets the speaker breath.
    [COLOR="#696969"]

http://www.hookedontronics.com/show_...90&brandtype=0

what do ya think about this set up so i don't have to worry about making a box hoping i get a good seal?

That looks pretty tight man. As long as the dimensions fit your good to go.
    [COLOR="#696969"]

yeah i'll call them and get the size of the box to be certain but it'd save a little headache on my end buying it already enclosed

mike... roughly how much wire did u use in your install? what gauge wire did u end up going with? and also will i need to get connectors for the wire or do connectors come with the amp and sub?

I used apx - 30ft 4 gauge wire to power and ground my amps. You can save wire by using a power distribution block and mount it by the amps. Run a main power line to the distro block and then run both amps to it for power. Same for a grounding block. I didn't do this but im going to change it this winter to that system.

I used 15ft or less of 10 gauge gold monster cable for my sub. I fished it threw the center ski locker with some other wires that go threw there. If you pull the center bag out of there and sick your head in there you can see all the wiring up there.

I used the same style monster cable for my towers but it was a real pain to fish it threw the tower tubes.

Id go with 14 gauge on your tower speakers. The reason i go big on my wires for the sub is frequency loss over distance. The sub is using a lot of power threw that line and i have personally noticed sound quality difference with different wires.

For the tower i think 16 would be the smallest you want because your sending a lot of power up those and playing them very loud.

I used the factory wire harness for all my cabin speakers as i didn't change those out. This winter if i upgrade the system speakers i might go bigger then but i really had a goal of getting a budget minded cranking system. I knew the boat would be loud with a 350 in it but i have to say i was surprised just how loud that engine is. I love it. Now my stereo kills that engine noise and i love that too LOL.
    [COLOR="#696969"]