Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Fun Fun

Default Fun Fun

My tower, tower speakers and SeaDek all came in this week. Also, we're putting in another floating dock and attempting to beast my steel lift into the water. Sounds like a fun weekend, eh?

Any tips/tricks that I should be aware of for the tower install? It's an Aerial Airborne going onto my 02' Outback. I'm sure I've got some sweat time on my hands in the next few days.

Gotta love spending copious amounts of money on the boat. I should have just bought a Mob V and saved all the headache
    Sold my Moomba. Currently boat whoring.

Set Ups - 09 CWB Transcend Platinum w/ 09 Ronix Cells (his) and 08 Liquid Force Angel w/ 08 Alloys (hers)

Wow, you've got some work to do! Looking forward to the before/after pics.

One thing I would keep in mind when drilling holes for the tower make sure to run the drill in reverse to get through the gel coat

It keeps the hole clean and gel coat from blowing out/spidering

Honestly doing it yourself makes you feel better when its all done and usually you can save yourself money also
    2007 Outback V

Not sure on your schedule but if you need a hand one day during the week hit me up Ive been laid off for a couple weeks and Im bored
    2007 Outback V

I'd love a hand on the tower install. I'm thinking that will be an after work one thing next week. Sunday is dock/lift day.

What works best for you? I know you said you were going up north this weekend.

And I've got the drill in reverse in my mental notes from reading on other forums.
    Last edited by Ed G; 07-22-2009 at 01:00 PM.

Set Ups - 09 CWB Transcend Platinum w/ 09 Ronix Cells (his) and 08 Liquid Force Angel w/ 08 Alloys (hers)

Somehow just have the tower sitting in place to make sure it "looks right"--nothing worse than a tower bolted down that looks out of place.

Measure
    Measure
    Measure
    Drill very small pilot hole first.
    Hey, Its Moomba time

Its all about the dash - enjoy the dash, as that is your time between the dates
    13 Mobius LSV-sold
    08 Mobius LSV-sold
    03 Mobius LSV-sold
    life is about finding the balance between being a responsible adult and staying young at heart

Quote Originally Posted by moombadaze View Post
    Somehow just have the tower sitting in place to make sure it "looks right"--nothing worse than a tower bolted down that looks out of place.

Measure
    Measure
    Measure
    Drill very small pilot hole first.
    Thank you Sir! I will be certain that I have the look of the tower right. There is another Outback on the forum that has the tower and I really like the placement. I'm hoping to get mine in a VERY similar location.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff W View Post
    I'd love a hand on the tower install. I'm thinking that will be an after work one thing next week. Sunday is dock/lift day.

What works best for you? I know you said you were going up north this weekend.

And I've got the drill in reverse in my mental notes from reading on other forums.
    Im not sure about my schedule for next week but I should be able to come help ya
    2007 Outback V

Quote Originally Posted by c.rix View Post
    Im not sure about my schedule for next week but I should be able to come help ya
    952-913-three eight zero six

Hit me up with a call or a text anytime.

Good luck on this stuff Jeff, yea nothing will make make ye feel better then to be able to say i did it myself when its all done too.

Like Moombadaze said, i was going to say measure 15 times and drill 1 time. When i drilled my hole from the cubby area into the tower foot for my tower speakers i think i spent 15 or 20 minutes going back and forth to make sure that drill would pop out in the exact spot i wanted.

I was still sick to my stomach when drilling out of sheer nervousness. Course it was high five and hoots and hollers when it worked LOL.
    Malo <--- Means--Evil or Mean One. This explains a lot.
    2013 Mojo 2.5 Skylon Tower. Bestia < Beast >
    [COLOR="#696969"]