lancesaville started a thread about getting his Moomba wrapped with vinyl. One point he mentioned was peeling it off in a few years to reveal the (hopefully) factory gel coat finish unharmed.

I was on a long drive back from Miami today and got to thinking, I don't want a wrap, but what could I do to protect the hull from dings, scratches and what not.

They make this stuff called Clear Bra for vehicles. It basically wraps around the front of the car and they will end the wrap at a body section. The stuff is honestly completely see through and very clear. I have seen a few where if I did not know it was on the car I would not have seen it at all. Protects the front of a car doing 70 mph+ going down the road so why not a boat hull.

So to protect your boat, but not hide the Color Pattern E Gelcoat that you laid out an extra $695 (MSRP) for, why not cover it from rub rail to rub rail with the Clear Bra? I know someone who does it locally and when I get around to it will ask him if there are any advantages to doing it on a boat and if it would last or be a complete waste of time.

Here is a site I found real quick for those who like to see for themselves what I am referring to.

http://www.getclearbra.com/