Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Smile Getting the LSV Wrapped - It's Finished !!!

I'm getting a wrap, got a great price quote so I think I'm gonna do it, but before I go through with it, I need to know if what I sketched out looks terrible Let me start by saying two things, Yes, I am a fan/user of Ronix products and I did this with mspaint so use your imagination. HONEST advice, love it or hate it, I wanna hear it. Thanks guys...

I attached before/after photos...
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by lancesaville; 08-07-2009 at 09:23 PM.
    Lance Saville

2009 Mobius LSV

To tell the truth Lance, I like the grafics that you have now. But if you're determined to change I like the Ronix that you have there. Just my .02.
    07 Mobius LS--Razorback Red

Quote Originally Posted by SEARK View Post
    To tell the truth Lance, I like the grafics that you have now. But if you're determined to change I like the Ronix that you have there. Just my .02.
    Thanks for the input. I like my current graphics a lot, but I think it's the water graphic behind the mobius that I'm not liking about it. The other reason I'm considering this is to keep the hull covered and let the wrap take the scratches. They offer a liquid force edition, so I just based it off that but with the brand I like.
    Lance Saville

2009 Mobius LSV

Well i guess if you have to "brand" your boat i would do one thing first and that's to make sure it's ok. Just let me say from job experiences & knowledge that it's copyright infringement. I will guarentee that Moomba and Liquid Force entered into an agreement that allowed that edition to happen. If you don't they can sue you and at the least force you to remove the wrap if they want. I've seen it happen over things a lot smaller and insignificant.
    2007 Mobius LSV

Quote Originally Posted by Razzman View Post
    Well i guess if you have to "brand" your boat i would do one thing first and that's to make sure it's ok. Just let me say from job experiences & knowledge that it's copyright infringement. I will guarentee that Moomba and Liquid Force entered into an agreement that allowed that edition to happen. If you don't they can sue you and at the least force you to remove the wrap if they want. I've seen it happen over things a lot smaller and insignificant.
    Well technically we're doing a black side-wrap then just putting on ronix stickers, wonder if that's still as bad, i mean a sticker is a sticker right ?
    Lance Saville

2009 Mobius LSV

I could send you an almost identical mspaint pic I did awhile back on my boat - too funny! I was also inspired by the Liquid Force boat. In my pic though the R logo on the back was bigger, and at an angle, and went below the surface of the water and above the rubrail.

I like your idea of a black wrap with stickers over the top. I'd do some kind of design in the black though, even if it was faint.

Quote Originally Posted by lancesaville View Post
    Well technically we're doing a black side-wrap then just putting on ronix stickers, wonder if that's still as bad, i mean a sticker is a sticker right ?
    Only if it's a licensed sticker, like i said if they want to be a biatch about it they'll have all rights to. Better safe than sorry.
    2007 Mobius LSV

Quote Originally Posted by Razzman View Post
    Only if it's a licensed sticker, like i said if they want to be a biatch about it they'll have all rights to. Better safe than sorry.
    actually got some good advice on WW - who would have thought - and a guy suggested losing the big ronix sticker so it would be a cleaner look. I think I like it.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Lance Saville

2009 Mobius LSV

I was just going to say the same thing man. Lose the Large one and keep the big R. I love Ronix gear.

I always think about the resale part of things also and branding the boat with a huge brand will turn off a lot of people that don't like that product and when trade in time comes the dealers look at not only the shape and hours on a boat but how many people will be looking at that boat. They want some one of types of boats to interest us people who have to be individuals, but ultimately they want a nice looking universal looking boat so anyone can look good in it and look good pulling it down the road.

Ive been tempted to remove my Mobius stickers too. One has a scratch in it and i would do it but im not sold on a naked boat yet. Guess i need to photo shop it and see how it looks.
    Malo <--- Means--Evil or Mean One. This explains a lot.
    2013 Mojo 2.5 Skylon Tower. Bestia < Beast >
    [COLOR="#696969"]

Quote Originally Posted by mmandley View Post
    I was just going to say the same thing man. Lose the Large one and keep the big R. I love Ronix gear.

I always think about the resale part of things also and branding the boat with a huge brand will turn off a lot of people that don't like that product and when trade in time comes the dealers look at not only the shape and hours on a boat but how many people will be looking at that boat. They want some one of types of boats to interest us people who have to be individuals, but ultimately they want a nice looking universal looking boat so anyone can look good in it and look good pulling it down the road.

Ive been tempted to remove my Mobius stickers too. One has a scratch in it and i would do it but im not sold on a naked boat yet. Guess i need to photo shop it and see how it looks.
    Well the beauty part is, down the road, when I trade it in for a 2016 XLV, , I can just peel off the wrap and order up the stock stickers and we're good to sell, and the finish will still look brand spankin' new. I think I'm gonna go ahead and do this wrap. Get this, the guy quoted me $1000 out the door. Most wraps I ever heard of got well above $2500, so for that price, and with the fact that it'll look sweet AND protect the orig gelcoat, I don't think I can go wrong, or end up with buyer's remorse. wish me luck, I'll post some pics after they do the wrap next week. thanks guys!
    Lance Saville

2009 Mobius LSV