Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Moomba OEM Tower on the Outback V

Does the tower fold back or forward? Forgot to ask when I was at the dealer on Sat and haven't seen any pics of it folded down.

I like the OEM tower, but I do not love it. I have been looking at aftermarket towers but have yet to find one that I absolutely love. I do love the tower on the Nautique 216ve, but there doesn't seem to be an aftermarket towers like that.

Another one I found that I liked was the Vanquish, but the price starts at $3200 before any racks, speakers, or lights.

The search will continue....

Are you talking about 2008 or 2009? The OBV changed quite a bit between those years.
    My Mom said I'm not allowed to get wet!
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!

Guess we are talking 2009, but when I finally get to place my order it will be for a 2010.

It folds forward.

The 2008 folds forwards. Dont know about the 09. Make sure you pull the tower mirror before you fold it down.
    2008 Outback V - Sold but never forgotten.
    “Do not wait; the time will never be “just right.” Start where you stand, and work with whatever tools you may have at your command, and better tools will be found as you go along." -Napoleon Hill

Aerial has some nice aftermarket units. They have one with the switchblade side ala MC/Centurion if you have a ricey side.
    Sold my Moomba. Currently boat whoring.

Set Ups - 09 CWB Transcend Platinum w/ 09 Ronix Cells (his) and 08 Liquid Force Angel w/ 08 Alloys (hers)

Thanks guys, that makes my decision easier to choose to go with an aftermarket tower. I don't like the forward folding towers.

Aerial Assault is the one I was referencing.

I'd go OEM. Nothing has the same look. Universal towers don't have the same fit.

Another option is Samson as they make towers custom fit to each both but the rest are going to be universal.

Set Ups - 09 CWB Transcend Platinum w/ 09 Ronix Cells (his) and 08 Liquid Force Angel w/ 08 Alloys (hers)

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff W View Post
    Aerial has some nice aftermarket units. They have one with the switchblade side ala MC/Centurion if you have a ricey side.
    That is another tower that has made my short list so far. Guess I still have a "ricey side" at 37... LOL

Quote Originally Posted by Guma View Post
    That is another tower that has made my short list so far. Guess I still have a "ricey side" at 37... LOL
    I just picked up the Airborne but damn if I didn't look long/hard at the Assault