Thread: Tire care

Default Tire care

I am assuming that my boatmate '06 trailer has the factory rubber on them. I doubt that most tires ever hit the treadwear bars, but just simply die from age. anyways noticed this weekend coming back that one of the tires has a bulge on it. buddy followed me all the way back and said it didn't look right, so off to the tire store this afternoon..

question is, what do you do to store your boat in regards to trailer tires?
    I know that you shoudn't let them sit all winter without moving them, and the best way is to jack up the trailer and relieve the pressure...

wondering if anyone does anything special..
    '06 Supra Launch 20SSV-gone but never forgotten

It doesn't hurt the radial tires to sit. Bias ply tires are another story and will flatten and crack. If your concerned jack up the trailer and place 4x4 stacks under the axles to keep tires off the ground. Covering the tires or keeping out of the sun prevents UV's from attacking the rubber. Proper air pressure is important even while sitting.
    2007 Mobius LSV

sandm, if you need to replace the tires which it sounds like you do with the bulge then I would recommend Les Schwab as they replace tires based on tread depth and don't have an age limitation. I've replaced many tires with them and the credit back from the old tires basically pays for the new tires.
    1998 Mobius
    310 HP PCM
    SOLD

heading to schwab this afternoon. thinking that one is bad and one is good. I only have a single axle, so going to use the one that I think will be good to turn into a spare. don't have one of those either. so this will be a good trip I think. don't know what kind of tires are on it now, but def. radials and not the cheapest either. spend the money for good rubber.

I keep mine indoors 24/7/365 unless at the lake, so sun isn't really an issue, and have always been good at tire pressure.
    '06 Supra Launch 20SSV-gone but never forgotten