Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by sandm View Post
    ^just be careful. 2 wrongs don't make a right, and never know when one of those jetskiers decide to press assault charges..

wish they were banned in some areas
    Yeah Im sure that wouldnt fly in other areas. This is Bama. The police welcome this type of "taking the law into your own hands". I gave him a chance, slowed down to a no wake, yelled at him to get the heck away, and then as soon as I took off again he started jumping the wake again. Then I got a little angry. Got pulled over by marine police last week for a fire extinguisher/life jacket check. Of course they found the paint gun, and my 9mm, but I have a concealed carry permit. Cop asked what the paintball gun was for and I explained it to him, he laughed and said, "at least we wont have to respond to any calls of people getting hurt from jumping wakes". This is the deep south, heart of dixie, this state votes 80% red at every election.
    2013 LSV
    2005 LSV - SOLD

Quote Originally Posted by lewisb13 View Post
    Yeah Im sure that wouldnt fly in other areas. This is Bama. The police welcome this type of "taking the law into your own hands". I gave him a chance, slowed down to a no wake, yelled at him to get the heck away, and then as soon as I took off again he started jumping the wake again. Then I got a little angry. Got pulled over by marine police last week for a fire extinguisher/life jacket check. Of course they found the paint gun, and my 9mm, but I have a concealed carry permit. Cop asked what the paintball gun was for and I explained it to him, he laughed and said, "at least we wont have to respond to any calls of people getting hurt from jumping wakes". This is the deep south, heart of dixie, this state votes 80% red at every election.
    You know I often take the 9mm but for alligators. I guess I should check the laws concerning have this on board. I also take it with me in the Kayak. But I do live in what we call Lower Alabama here in the Panhandle!

Quote Originally Posted by thesack View Post
    The dumbest thing I've ever witnessed is an orange white and black tige running over the back of my boat going 20 mph.
    Everyone must admit that you get the Top Prize Award for having the dumbest thing happen to anyone! I hope it all works out for you!

Now that paint ball gun idea, that needs to be awarded the Top Prize for solutions to help prevent "the dumbest thing from happening". My son has one!!! Hummmmmm.........................

Quote Originally Posted by sandm View Post
    ^just be careful. 2 wrongs don't make a right, and never know when one of those jetskiers decide to press assault charges..

wish they were banned in some areas
    If they were to press charges, then you'd definitly be able to press charges too, c'zu they were WAY too close if they're within accurate shooting range of a paintball gun...

Couple of dumb stories for ya:

A parasail (oldschool mushroom style) required like 125 pound person to ride. My dad let me do it for my first time when I was about 8-10 years old, weighing ~70#. I was thinking, "yeah, sweet! Cool dad!" That was, until the wind came up, and even with the boat in reverse there was NO slack in the line . Can you say freaked out? he ended up going hand-over hand well over the 250 feet of line, since he lost it a coiuple times & had to try again it wasn't long before I was back up though, it is amazing experience!

Oh, a few years later the guy came for a test ride, and it was really windy. Dad told him it was a bad idea, but he wanted to go anyways. Long story short: rope broke, ended up in trees with a broken arm, and still bought the 'chute!

Quote Originally Posted by zegm View Post
    Everyone must admit that you get the Top Prize Award for having the dumbest thing happen to anyone! I hope it all works out for you!

Now that paint ball gun idea, that needs to be awarded the Top Prize for solutions to help prevent "the dumbest thing from happening". My son has one!!! Hummmmmm.........................
    To everyone else: Welcome to second place!

Think I need to get me a paintball gun, doubt the sheriff would like my shotgun much.
    Nate

Quote Originally Posted by kaneboats View Post
    Something must have prompted you to re-fire this thread. OK, give it up.
    No - just happened to be on a pontoon this weekend and brought up that memory. I figured there would be some from this year worth noting...
    If you believe something to be true, it will be - in it's consequences.

2009 MasterCraft ProStar 197 - DD - 5.7L - 325HP - Zero Off

Quote Originally Posted by wolfeman131 View Post
    had to go to youtube to see this for myself!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ni6zQuvsuy4
    and the point is....there's five minutes I'm never getting back
    06 LSV
    2 - 750lb Fatsacks, Custom Sunbrella Cover and Bimini, Kenwood KMR440MU and Amp Bazooka Tower Speakers, Aerial Mirror, Stargazer, 4 Port Heater.

Toys - O'Brien Natural, CWB Pure, IS Yellow Loogie, CWB Ride, Hyperlite Voyageur for the kids.

because our lake is long and skinny when the wind whip up from the south the waves can get real large.... well it was a very nice day out except for the wind and these 2 youngs guys (18-20ish) and obviously drunk decide to head out in their 14 foot fishing boat....... they get about than 800 yards from the dock and take a wave over the bow.... so now their trying to turn around and limp it back...... get turned around and a whitecap crashes over the back completely swamping the boat... down it goes... these morons don't have lifejackets on and are obviously in trouble... at the time i just had my 18ft bayliner on the lift so i put in and went and got them.... rougher than crap and the one guys asks me if i think i could hook on to their boat and tow it in???? so it's sunk in 12feet of water and were going to tow it in how???? had a heck of a time getting my boat back on the lift without damaging it but managed.... then without so much as a thankyou these jokers dissappear.... our campground/cabin area is pretty small and i know pretty much everyone but i didn't recognize these guys... and no one has seen them since either!!

Then i find out it wasn't even their boat... they just took it on a whim.... no ones seen them since and that evening when it calmed down we went out with 3 pontoon boats and got the fisherboat out...

Geoff
    2014 Mondo with da flow!!! Exile towers, stock everything else.... for now!

Years ago, two couples vacationing. Three of us rent Jet Skiis. Rookies all. I see my buddy and his wife side by side, racing. I come in from about 45 degrees and join the fray. She bails out of the race and veers left. T-bones me. I cart-wheel off the craft. No injuries to people or equipment (or none the rental guy noticed), but I can certainly understand how accidents happen on PWCs. Fast, eratic movements.
    '07 Outback V
    Ski|Board|Surf|Skate