Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Default Dumbest thing ever witnessed on the water

Here is a place to post the dumbest thing you have ever seen on the water. Must be something you actually saw yourself. No second hand...

I'll start:

Last weekend the local party cabin - mostly 20-30 year old males - were on the pontoon on Sunday afternoon. Doing probably 20 mph with about 10 people on the boat. Three of them were sitting on the front deck with their feet in the water doing the 'pretend barefoot' thing - which is actually pretty fun, although illegal in most states these days.

We are watching from across the lake, which on our lake is about 400 yards (or less). I mentionted to everyone on our dock that it is fun but dangerous and illegal, and the next second - someone inside the fence on the pontoon reaches over and PUSHES one of the guys off the front deck.

We were all stunned. In my book that is attempted murder. Fortunately the driver killed the engine immediately and the kid surfaced about 40 feet behind the boat. Apparently intact.

Top that ....
    Dave
    Last edited by BensonWdby; 07-19-2009 at 10:56 PM.
    If you believe something to be true, it will be - in it's consequences.

2009 MasterCraft ProStar 197 - DD - 5.7L - 325HP - Zero Off

Ok the guy that pushed the guy in should now sit on the bow, get the boat up to speed and have someone push him in! But don't cut the engine, force all of the other low pants wearing idiots to stand on the back of the boat and watch what comes up!

Yeah I was young and I did some stupid things (shot a bird to a law enforcement officer) but never did I risk someone elses life!

Quote Originally Posted by BensonWdby View Post
    Top that ....
    Dave
    When I was in college some friends and I were on the lake skiing. There was actually no alcohol involved. We had 2 boats out that day. I was in the water next to one of the boats when one of my "friends" decided to come up real fast in his boat then turn quick so that his boat would spray the other boat. He got a little too close and missed crushing my head between the 2 by about a foot. To close. When I got over the shock of almost being killed I cut loose on him and it never happend again.

That may top yours.
    07 Mobius LS--Razorback Red

watched 3 guys in a boat last summer, older mid-70's tri-hull with a waketower on it, put one of the guys up on the top of the tower and they proceeded to try and buck him off it. guy was driving like he had a tube on the back of the boat. kid on top of the tower was around 18-20 and 160 lbs I'd guess. that much weight that high up sure made that boat look like it was ready to tip on it's side...
    '06 Supra Launch 20SSV-gone but never forgotten

Hmmm. I've seen the guy with the roller trailer drop his boat on the ramp and bust the lower unit clean off. I've seen jet-skiers trying to jump the wake within 10 feet of beginning kids skiing. I've seen the lady on the beach smoking within 3 feet of 40 gal of gas in the 100 degree heat. I've seen a guy try to go out the Sebastian Inlet in FL in a john boat with about a 6 HP motor on a windy day with the tide coming in. Not personally, but somewhere on here is the link to the video of the wakeboarders in the Everglades riding over the backs of gators.
    My Mom said I'm not allowed to get wet!
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by kaneboats View Post
    somewhere on here is the link to the video of the wakeboarders in the Everglades riding over the backs of gators.
    had to go to youtube to see this for myself!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ni6zQuvsuy4

Wow im surprised that show Dumb Ass doesn't have gator jumping wake boarding. Thats right up there ally
    Malo <--- Means--Evil or Mean One. This explains a lot.
    2013 Mojo 2.5 Skylon Tower. Bestia < Beast >
    [COLOR="#696969"]

Gator jumping is fun and safe. You just have to make sure you do not go first. After the gators are full from your friends or x-friends you are safe to jump them. I mean after you eat a big meal it is nap time. I would think the same goes with gators.
    2008 Outback V - Sold but never forgotten.
    “Do not wait; the time will never be “just right.” Start where you stand, and work with whatever tools you may have at your command, and better tools will be found as you go along." -Napoleon Hill

I had a close call last year. Surfing behind my boat having a good time on a long weekend (water was terrible so no wakeboarding just surfing). At the end I take the rope, cut out heel side charge the surf wave and just do a dive in head first. I copme up to see a Seadooer coming at me at 40 mph. he was so stupid or drunk he didn't even notice I jumped off and rode right over me. At the last second I went under the water and kinda ducked to the side just out of the way. literally inches from dying. Inches!

Quote Originally Posted by 501 View Post
    I had a close call last year. Surfing behind my boat having a good time on a long weekend (water was terrible so no wakeboarding just surfing). At the end I take the rope, cut out heel side charge the surf wave and just do a dive in head first. I copme up to see a Seadooer coming at me at 40 mph. he was so stupid or drunk he didn't even notice I jumped off and rode right over me. At the last second I went under the water and kinda ducked to the side just out of the way. literally inches from dying. Inches!
    Wow some people just have zero respect for anything. I mean how close he had to cut behind the boat to almost hit a wakesurfer is unreal. I mean your not even 10 feet behind the boat going 10 MPH. Even if you jumped off that is way too close for any boat to come. If it was me I would have gotten in the boat and tracked that person down.
    2008 Outback V - Sold but never forgotten.
    “Do not wait; the time will never be “just right.” Start where you stand, and work with whatever tools you may have at your command, and better tools will be found as you go along." -Napoleon Hill