Default loud engine sound and smoke

Hey, Ive got a 2007 moomba outback. I took the boat out today and the engine sounded much louder or what I'd call a deeper roar than what I'm used to. Also, there is extra smoke escaping out of the back of the boat when I drive. I'm not familiar with this type of problem. Have any ideas?

We need a few more details to go on . What condition are the exhaust outlet flaps in?What colour smoke etc ,hows the boat running. Someone should have some answers soon enough to try to help.

Default white smoke with overly loud engine

Outside of the abnormally loud engine noise, the boat runs o.k. At about 10 mph or more driving forward, a white smoke begins to appear from the back of the boat.

Just a thought, but I'd be paying very close attention to the engine temp and checking your impeller and cooling system. It might be a little bit of a stretch but I had something similar happen to my first boat before I knew much about inboards. No water circulating through the exhaust will make the boat sound louder and the white smoke could be the flexible exhaust hose starting to melt or burn on the inside. Since yours is an '07, it should go into limp mode if it's getting hot, but who knows. Like I said, it's a stretch, but I thought I'd relay a similar experience I had.