Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

53 here and going strong except I pulled a hamstring getting up last week at the end of the vacation. I fell a little stupid doing stretches in my boat but I guess that is the necessary evil of getting old.
    1998 Mobius
    310 HP PCM
    SOLD

Quote Originally Posted by jmvotto View Post
    What do you have in the ballast to do basic wake surfing on the OBV. I have the ballast 1 and think i will need more.
    I have only the center ballast (400lbs) so I am heavilly reliant on getting a bunch of people in the boat to make a wake big enough to surf. 6 full size adults makes for a pretty decent surf wake.

I'm going to buy a sac and manual pump for the rear storage locker and that should reduce the dependency on others. Does anyone know if The Fly High Pro X Series Fat Sac (750 lbs) will fit in the rear storage locker of an 07 Outback V? Or do I end up going with the Fly High Pro X Series Gravity Games Rear Sac at 565lbs?

Sled491 Guest

Time to jump in here on the old thingy. I'm 43, 44 Dec 1, and I refuse to be known as the old skier. 39 is still not 40 Great looking water, skiing isn't bad either . If your just gettin back and hittin it a 35 - 36 you must of been a hell of a skier in the day! Has your speedos been calibrated?

39 is the new 29, he he. I do 35-36 mph pull but I'm 250 lbs on a 69" HO so I need the speed to be able to do a decent cut. I also ask for a fast start as I can't handle the dragging.
    1998 Mobius
    310 HP PCM
    SOLD

Speedos are good. (as long as we're not talking apparel) I find if I'm not skiing at 35-36 the ski feels like it's sinking out and slowing me down. I have to admit my first few tows at 36 felt damn scary but it seems to have come back to me.

Still wondering what new technology feels like but I'm having fun with what I got. The little missus won't let me upgrade till the boat is paid for so I guess I'll have to wait till next year.

Took some of my surfing buddies out today and decided to show them slalom skiing. There comment was "Could you please leave some of the water in the lake so we can go wakeboarding.........." Too funny!

My research shows the 750's would be slightly too large and the 565 GG would be you best bet. I am thinking of that also let me know wher you find those 565lbs.
    A Day at the Lake...Priceless
    A Day in Powder...Endless

Joe V
    2012 Möbius XLV~ Loaded & Exiled
    2007 Outback V ~ sold

My research shows the 750's would be slightly too large and the 565 GG would be you best bet. I am thinking of that also let me know wher you find those 565lbs.

Talked to the guys at Wakemakers and they said that although I wouldn't get the 750 completely full, it would still work in the back compartment of my OBV and it was less money than the 565.

My father-in-law is down in Portland and will be back tomorrow with it and a new rear view mirror and arm so I am totally stoked to see how it all works out.

Will keep you posted.

Cool

Going back to your comment about technology. If you get the chance to at least borrow beg and or steal a ride on a newer ski etc do so. You should be in for a big surprize. Technology has come a long way.
    Yes there are and were some really nice skis out there from the past but the new stuff makes life and skiing with skill so much easier. TRY it you'll like it.

Sled491 Guest

Makes heros out of almost every decent skier

Got the 750 and it fits no problem!