Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

I trailer with mine exactly how it is listed in the FAQ on the z5 website. I have towed it several times over 400 miles one way.
    2008 Mobius LSV Blue and Black.

mmandly,

I will be putting it back on tomorrow, I don't think it is going to be a big issue though. I'll let you know!

Ok everyone we finished re-installing the Canvas on the Z% Bimini top. It took about an hour and mainly because we did not pay attention to all the little loops, hooks and directions of where the cord was located before we took it apart. Most of the time was spent laying it out trying to determine the correct way to do it, not the actual time to do the task. I believe if you know what you are doing and had the correct documentation it would take 15 minutes. We went to the Z5 website http://www.z5sportracks.com/ and right now they don't offer a tech section (which they should!!!!) or a manual download of any kind for this product! I also re-read the decal on our Z5 and it said to REMOVE the canvas or the complete frameworkfor anything over 45MPH. So now they are saying it is OK to Tow but their past literature does not state this. So if you want to remove it now the best thing to do is to TAKE a PICTURE showing all the little paths and valleys of where the cord goes. Also document where the little sections of the cord are located. In case you are wondering the cord that makes up the complete loop is actually made up of at least 5 or more separate cords with loops and buttons. But now that it is back on we are good to go and the top sort of got a Canvas Top Tune-Up as we have it nice and tight and wrinkle free everywhere!

MrsZ Guest

Can someone please post a picture of their Z5 as it came pre-installed by the dealer? There are a couple of places I think the cord should be routed differently, after our re-installation. It could be that I am more aware of the details now and just didn't notice before though.

I have also towed since last year with my Z5 with no problems. I did remove the webbing, and at the beginning of the year I clean it and treat it with 303 protectant. Sunlight is the biggest enemy to fabric, not wind.

Fman,

Our boat sits in a covered lift so sunlight is not an issue. But while towing at 60 to 70 miles per hour the canvas does flap and I mean alot! The cargo webbing flapped so hard that it did tear so it was taken off and put in the boat. Now my dealer never told me anything about this top and they knew I was heading down the interstate 300 miles to get home. And has anyone seen an owners manual for one!
    For such a great item, well designed and engineered I am surprised this company doesn't have any maintenance or supporting documentation for the owner!!! I only found out they had a website 1 year and 4 months after I bought it!
    Don't get me wrong this is one of the best things ever invented for a ski boat! Right now we have 2 slalom skis and a pair of wakeboards sitting up there just waiting for us to go back out tomorrow! Also on the boat right now are 2 knee boards, another slalom ski, a set of pairs skis and a 5"6" surfboard. This doesn't count the 4 helmets and 5 ropes. The only thing you see out of this in the boat is the surfboard and it is placed on its side behind the drivers seat next to our observer seat where it doesn't take up any room, everything else is stowed!
    Last edited by zegm; 07-25-2009 at 11:58 PM.

When i take the cover off the boat tomorrow ill snap 3 or 4 pics of the Z5 bottom side to help make sure you got everything how you want it from the factory MrsZ
    Malo <--- Means--Evil or Mean One. This explains a lot.
    2013 Mojo 2.5 Skylon Tower. Bestia < Beast >
    [COLOR="#696969"]