Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Default Bring Back The Boomerang!

Bring back the Boomerang! Do you think there is a market for a 18', 300 HP, closed bow, center engine, direct drive, NO FRILLS ski boat for 20K? It could be done. Why does no one offer this anymore? Gas gauge, speedo, tach. Hook me up! Literally. Would anyone buy it if it was offered?

My guess would be the "would be market" is not large enough. Seems like people want bigger wakes and more room in their boats. 20 years ago I could see this for me, but not now. Family is larger and don't ski near as much. Just my .02.
    07 Mobius LS--Razorback Red

Yah I hear ya, but... Us responsible people (that never had kids ) crave a capable little muscle boat that will fit in a home garage. I think it is a sin that I have been considering Bayliners and Seadoos. Low, sleek, stable, powerful. Too much to ask?

Quote Originally Posted by motophile View Post
    Low, sleek, stable, powerful. Too much to ask?

nope, those boats are hard core- no frills, no wakeboard size wave, ski boats.
    Hey, Its Moomba time

Its all about the dash - enjoy the dash, as that is your time between the dates
    13 Mobius LSV-sold
    08 Mobius LSV-sold
    03 Mobius LSV-sold
    life is about finding the balance between being a responsible adult and staying young at heart

Quote Originally Posted by moombadaze View Post
    nope, those boats are hard core- no frills, no wakeboard size wave, ski boats.
    Yup. I guess no one ski's any longer. I remember when wakeboarding first got going, every Boomerang on the lake had a pole in it. I remember seeing decent wakes from them. Good enough for me. Would be easy to have a compartment in the hull that could be flooded for ballast if needed. I bet they still make them in Australia...

I'll never sell my Boomerang. 13 years and never had a problem. Perfect size for the 3 of us (me, wife & daughter). Great wake for slalom or barefoot. Not really big enough to take extra friends though.

Not to go pushing another brand , But Gecko GT 2o is the Boomerang hull i believe. And they are available again.

I stand corrected as i just checked there website and now the GT 20 doesn't show up . I guess no more.

If SC made a closed bow boat I'd buy it!

Why are all wake boats open bow?
    2013 Outback V

Quote Originally Posted by Mikey View Post
    Not to go pushing another brand , But Gecko GT 2o is the Boomerang hull i believe. And they are available again.
    Cool I never knew about those. Too bad 08 was last year for GTS 20. And too bad the only dealer appears to be in Cali. And too bad there is no phone number on the website. And too bad the information request form does not work... Bring back the Boomerang! Recession Style!