Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: tower speakers

Default tower speakers

ok i know this is a broad question and i'm gonna get a ton of different answers but i just bought my mobius a week ago and i wanted to add some tower speakers. any help on what brands give out a good sound would be great! adding tower speakers with the factory system ok or should i upgrade the whole thing? anybody happy or dissatisfied i'd like to know so i can steer clear of any problems! everyones input please!

I would definitely upgrade the system. I have two pair of MB Quart speakers on my Tower and they sound awesome. I am pushing them with a kicker MX350.4 amp.
    Tazz 07' Moomba LSV --Kicker Marine Amps (MX700.5 & MX350.4) 6 polk DB651 speakers, 4 MB Quartz Marine Speakers, 10" Boston Acoustic Sub, Z-5 Cargo Rack, Custom Speaker/Light Bar, modified ballast system, Custom LED Rings
    Live life to the extreme and no less!!

Probably easier to let us know what your budget is and we can go from there.

Kicker makes a really affordable tower speaker while Wet Sounds and NVS make extremely high end..

How much do you want to spend?

lovin' my wetsounds (pro-80's & mb-8's)

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff W View Post
    How much do you want to spend?
    Excellent point....

It's like the ol powerboat adage "How fast can I go... How much money you got"

I upgraded my system for about 800 bucks, 2 amps new towers and all the hard ware.

Theres a couple really good threads on stereos and such. Also have to factor in are you installing or paying a shop. That adds a lot to your budget. I figure i saved at least 500 doing all my own work from the estimates the shops gave me. The tower install is the most expensive. I have some pics in my profile and pride and joy section.

Let me know if you want some details on my system.

Welcome to the forums and

B reak
    O ut
    A nother
    T housand
    ing
    Malo <--- Means--Evil or Mean One. This explains a lot.
    2013 Mojo 2.5 Skylon Tower. Bestia < Beast >
    [COLOR="#696969"]

Also depends on if you want music to hear in and around the boat tied up or do you want to hear it while riding.

I used to have 4 6x9's on the tower of my old boat that sounded great.
    Now I have an HSE Trident box and it is STUPID LOUD. It sounds awesome while riding but a little much while in the boat.

Whatever you get make sure you give it enough power, Because even the best speakers sound like junk if under powered. And it can blow the speakers.

I also suggest getting the HSE volume control. It seems unnecessary but once you use it is really great to have.

Quote Originally Posted by tprkolbas View Post
    lovin' my wetsounds (pro-80's & mb-8's)
    I 2nd that one. The 'double-up' setup that wetsounds sells fills out the system very nicely. It's the pair of pro 60's for the highs, and a pair of mb-8's for midbass. They look pretty good too...

Lance Saville

2009 Mobius LSV

lance i love your set up on the speakers... u say they sound good and they sure look damn good. whats a website i can check them out on and what could i expect to pay for the two pair?

m mandley yes i'd like to hear what your set up too is.

tazz yours looks bad ass too where did u mount your sub at on your boat?

i'm 27 years old and when i'm out with my buddies and young family i wanna crank it up even when i'm driving. but also gonna have my parents and other family on it that will wanna do more b.s.in then hear music blaring so i'm sure i an equalizer will help me with that or the simply the volume control right?

audio is something i don't know much about so i'd probably take it to someone to get done just wanna know what all i will need. if i could keep it around 1000-1500 max is that unreasonable to think that?

most of you guys keep the factory unit and speakers in and just add to it or redo the whole shootin match?

You can find them at wetsounds..

http://www.wetsounds.com/pages/products/double-up.html

And heres a clip from youtube (i think from one of the moomba board members) of a couple boats with wetsounds speakers, gives you an idea of how far they can 'project' the sound out behind the boat. Inside the boat, they blend in with your regular speakers and aren't overbearingly loud...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JKFDZGTzQw8

Good luck!
    Last edited by lancesaville; 07-02-2009 at 09:42 AM.
    Lance Saville

2009 Mobius LSV