Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Payson , Arizona/Arvada , Colorado/Montana

Default Just installed new Perfect Pass lsv

Well that was an adventure. It took about 3-4 hours , hardest part was getting under the dash between the seat and the vertical support for the dash. I get to try it out tomorrow , all day . I followed the instructions to the " t " and it seems to be set up correctly. Finally will get a good pull , wake boarding ,wake surfing , and air chair riding.
    Jim .
    05 Mobius lsv , ballast system , stereo, etc..

Sounds like a fun install. Did you take any pic's? Also if it really does take 3 to 4 hours i would have pulled out the drivers seat. I have spent about 10 min under there and almost pulled out the seat.
    2008 Outback V - Sold but never forgotten.
    “Do not wait; the time will never be “just right.” Start where you stand, and work with whatever tools you may have at your command, and better tools will be found as you go along." -Napoleon Hill

Payson , Arizona/Arvada , Colorado/Montana

Default Just installed new Perfect Pass lsv

Pulling the seat is a pain too, I am too meticulous when I install wires , stereo, etc , that's why it takes me a while. I have a ski buddy who paid to have his installed at a boat dealer and it took them 4 hours , they had to replace a bulkhead that was rotted to attach the module to. They only charged him for 2 hours. Anyway next project is raising the driver seat up 3-4" , that should be a challenge without taking the floor up.
    Jim.
    05 Mobius lsv , ballast system , stereo, etc..

Jester, With the 08's it SHOULDN'T take that long. I only caps the should because things tend to go wrong for me. I installed PP stargazer wake on my 08LSV last week and it only took 30 minutes of working time. 3 nuts to remove moomba cruise 2 connections to make under the dash (1 is attached to moomba cruise) 1 connection on the motor.
    2008 LSV

I allready have the PP system instaled and i have changed out the computer before. My issue was i keep dropping the screwdriver on my head. I know mmandley will be installing a PP on his 08 LSV soon so having pic's of someone that has allready done it will help him out.
    2008 Outback V - Sold but never forgotten.
    “Do not wait; the time will never be “just right.” Start where you stand, and work with whatever tools you may have at your command, and better tools will be found as you go along." -Napoleon Hill

Default PP

I just installed Perfect Pass on my LSV 08' a couple days ago. It only took about a half hour. When I talked to the staff at Perfect Pass they told me it was a simple install and they were correct. I thought it would take a good couple hours but everything went smooth. the hardest part was removing the moomba cruise. I installed the GPS reciever under the dash because I didn't want the wire and reciever to show on the dash. I wasn't too sure about putting it under there. I tested it on a cloudy day and it worked perfect.

Where did you place it under the dash? I couldn't find a good way to get the wire out so under would work better.
    2008 LSV

I installed it under the dash on the left side where it flattens out. If you are looking on top of the dash its located in front of the windshield brace, in that general area. I just used the velcro that came with it. I put it on top of the reciever so its still facing up. Hasn't fallen yet. Double sided industrial adhesive tape would be more secure. I will try to post some pictures later tonight after a session.

On your PP display harness, were there three small connectors labelled "timer", " timer", and "switch"? I just received my Stargazer Wake edition GPS version, and the instructions don't say anything about these 3 connectors. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by jester View Post
    I allready have the PP system instaled and i have changed out the computer before. My issue was i keep dropping the screwdriver on my head. I know mmandley will be installing a PP on his 08 LSV soon so having pic's of someone that has allready done it will help him out.
    I closely monitor all the PP posts hee hee. I will be installing one in March next spring after uncle sam gives me my house taxes back lol.
    Malo <--- Means--Evil or Mean One. This explains a lot.
    2013 Mojo 2.5 Skylon Tower. Bestia < Beast >
    [COLOR="#696969"]