Hybrid View

Default Mechanical to DBW conversion

has anyone done this on their boats? I have an 06 OBV and I was told that I could (should) convert to DBW. I was told this when I inquired about installing perfect pass on my boat.

Thanks,

Payson , Arizona/Arvada , Colorado/Montana

Default Perfect Pass

I just installed one on my 05 lsv mechanical throttle . I haven't lake tested it yet but the install went well . In my opinion , I would not spend the money to convert to dbw , just install the mechanical one. Make sure when you order one specify mechanical throttle if that is what you have. I ordered from Inboards only and got good service and a good price.
    Jim.
    05 Mobius lsv , ballast system , stereo, etc..

With yours then does it have the servo unit that you had to mount in the engine bay onto one of the hoses? Does your engine have a completely mechanical throttle or do you have a throttle mate that your throttle cables connects to in the engine bay?

Default Perfect Pass

Yes it has the servo that mounts to the hose , I might redo that with a metal bracket . It is a true mechanical throttle body linkage the throttle cable hooks up to . Jim.

Thanks for the info. My 06 OBV has the DBW throttle mate on the engine (Indmar went to DBW in 07, Moomba not until 07). But what that allows is the use of the DBW perfect pass system since the motor's ECM has this capability. I was going to install the full mechanical PP until I talked with both PP and Skier's Choice. They both recommended the DBW perfect pass system over the servo controlled version. They said the only limiting factor is that I won't have throttle override capabilities to go faster, but I figured since it is speed-based vs RPM based (at least for wakeboarding) I don't care if I can't manually speed up the boat with the throttle handle when PP is in use.

Ok , what is the " throttle mate" .
    Jim.