Default location on boat?

i was curious how far below the rub rail you guys put the boat numbers and letters and are yours 3 and half or 4 inch numbers?

3" is the norm. I aligned the bottom of my numbers about 1/4" above the detail line in the hull.

Make sure you also check with the state becasue some want it in a specfic spot on the boat.
    2008 Outback V - Sold but never forgotten.
    “Do not wait; the time will never be “just right.” Start where you stand, and work with whatever tools you may have at your command, and better tools will be found as you go along." -Napoleon Hill

they said as long as its in the front part of the boat and clearly visible when in the water but that still left a lot of options as to how far below the rub rail how far forward. not really something i want to redo

Quote Originally Posted by gus 08 mobius lsv View Post
    they said as long as its in the front part of the boat and clearly visible when in the water but that still left a lot of options as to how far below the rub rail how far forward. not really something i want to redo
    Check the pics here: https://forum.moomba.com/showthread.php?t=8164
    I went with the same company and mounted a little farther forward, but about the same height relative to the line in the hull.

i have a guy doing the letters and numbers to match the lsv script on there so i'm hoping it turns out nice he is gonna do the exact same shading too. thanks for that thread post brain it gives me a better idea now.

I did my at the same height but i used the grab rail as my marker and centered my numbers on that. So it made it easier to align both sides.
    Malo <--- Means--Evil or Mean One. This explains a lot.
    2013 Mojo 2.5 Skylon Tower. Bestia < Beast >
    [COLOR="#696969"]