Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

I also could not pass this up. i mean $115 even if they suck i can replace the speakers for better ones and still would not be out any money. Or list them on the local wanted ad's and i be someone would pick them up for that price.
    2008 Outback V - Sold but never forgotten.
    “Do not wait; the time will never be “just right.” Start where you stand, and work with whatever tools you may have at your command, and better tools will be found as you go along." -Napoleon Hill

Default Crossing my fingers

I pulled the trigger and bought some too. Has anyone received theirs yet/Hooked em up yet? Curious to see how they sound. I read one review from a guy that said they were really flippin loud and sound clean. I'll get mine hooked up Friday when the FED X guy gets here Will report back if I get mine up before ya'll. Have a good one and thanx, I think, to Schneider for finding these.

I bought them... They're awesome... I had a pair of the 6.5's from a few years ago, and kept them when I sold my old Boat... Put them on the 07 XLV along with a pair of the Combo - 6.5's, 5.25's, and they are awesomely loud...

They make me feel old..

I thought they were worth the 330 I paid for them... I shoulda waited..

Does anyone know if the stock Kicker Amp (ZX200.4) will be enough for these speakers as well as the 6 speakers in the boat? I was just about to order them and noticed the recommended watt amps of 500 - 600.
    2015 MOJO
    09 XLV - Roxy Blue (SOLD)

Quote Originally Posted by Mike G View Post
    Does anyone know if the stock Kicker Amp (ZX200.4) will be enough for these speakers as well as the 6 speakers in the boat? I was just about to order them and noticed the recommended watt amps of 500 - 600.
    Not a chance, unfortunately. Even without the boat speakers that amp still isnt enough.

I apprciate the advice - I was afraid that was going to be the case. I still may make the purchase and just upgrade my amp.
    2015 MOJO

Quote Originally Posted by Mike G View Post
    I apprciate the advice - I was afraid that was going to be the case. I still may make the purchase and just upgrade my amp.
    You could keep the stock amp running the boat speakers, and add another for the towers. I'd get one capable of running a sub too, even if you don't add it right away.

what would you recommend for another amp (brand and watts)
    2015 MOJO

Quote Originally Posted by drewsky View Post
    I bought them... They're awesome... I had a pair of the 6.5's from a few years ago, and kept them when I sold my old Boat... Put them on the 07 XLV along with a pair of the Combo - 6.5's, 5.25's, and they are awesomely loud...

They make me feel old..

I thought they were worth the 330 I paid for them... I shoulda waited..
    What amp do you have running them? I also have a set of the 6.5's on my boat right now and i am thinking about keeping them and adding these to the tower also. How did you wire them with the 6.5's? Same amp, differnt amp?
    Last edited by jester; 07-16-2009 at 12:19 AM. Reason: adding some words.
    2008 Outback V - Sold but never forgotten.
    “Do not wait; the time will never be “just right.” Start where you stand, and work with whatever tools you may have at your command, and better tools will be found as you go along." -Napoleon Hill

Default clamp insert

Can use black pvc pipe (if your tower is black) or white if it is polished. Cut the PVC pipe to width of clamp and then cut along the side to slip over your tower bar.