Default Drain plug for ski locker

I'm considering installing a drain plug to the drain of my ski locker along with a seperate bilge for that area. I'm hoping that by doing so, that area will stay a bit dryer or at least cleaner. I need to know what size that is, where to find such an item, and has anyone else done this to their boat. My boat is a 2004 LSV.
    www.louisianawakeboarding.com

2004 LSV
    Perfect Pass, Integrated ballast (front, rear, middle), Wake Plate, Tower mounted bimini, Swivel board racks, Surf board rack, Tower mounted mirror, Keel guard, 4 tower speakers, 12" sub, 2 amps, transom remote, Bow filler cushion, and the list continues to grow.

1 1/4, get a test plug from the local hardware store with a wing nut.

http://www.acehardwaresuperstore.com...94.html?ref=42
    A Day at the Lake...Priceless
    A Day in Powder...Endless

Joe V
    2012 Möbius XLV~ Loaded & Exiled
    2007 Outback V ~ sold

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by jmvotto View Post
    1 1/4, get a test plug from the local hardware store with a wing nut.

http://www.acehardwaresuperstore.com...94.html?ref=42

thanks..........

2004 LSV
    Perfect Pass, Integrated ballast (front, rear, middle), Wake Plate, Tower mounted bimini, Swivel board racks, Surf board rack, Tower mounted mirror, Keel guard, 4 tower speakers, 12" sub, 2 amps, transom remote, Bow filler cushion, and the list continues to grow.

I am not quite sure what you are trying to do. Are you wanting to install another thru-hull drain plug? If so, I am not sure the one from ACE will do the trick. I have a DD so my bilge drain is under the engine in my boat. I wanted to get a spare plug "just in case" for it. I picked up a factory style Perko one from the local Mastercraft dealer. As a side note, he wouldn't sell me just the T handle plug, I had to buy both pieces. It wasn't cheap either, I think it was around $40.

Quote Originally Posted by NCSUmoomba View Post
    I am not quite sure what you are trying to do. Are you wanting to install another thru-hull drain plug? If so, I am not sure the one from ACE will do the trick. I have a DD so my bilge drain is under the engine in my boat. I wanted to get a spare plug "just in case" for it. I picked up a factory style Perko one from the local Mastercraft dealer. As a side note, he wouldn't sell me just the T handle plug, I had to buy both pieces. It wasn't cheap either, I think it was around $40.
    I think he's just talking about the hole that leads from the ski locker back to the bilge area on a v-drive. No thru-hull in this case. The ski locker gets slimy for some reason, guessing it's from bilge backwash.

I'll be interested to see if this plug works out. I don't think I'd mess with another pump, instead just pull the plug occasionaly and let any water drain back to the stock bilge.

I have a 2004 LS, I use a cork from a wine bottle.

Quote Originally Posted by brain_rinse View Post
    I think he's just talking about the hole that leads from the ski locker back to the bilge area on a v-drive. No thru-hull in this case. The ski locker gets slimy for some reason, guessing it's from bilge backwash.

I'll be interested to see if this plug works out. I don't think I'd mess with another pump, instead just pull the plug occasionaly and let any water drain back to the stock bilge.

Yep! Also, as you've suggested I will likely just start with no second pump just to see if the area at least stays cleaner.

2004 LSV