Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Picked up a Ron1x Ibex 144 - Anyone ridden one?

I got myself a larger board, 25 inches more surface area. I got the Ronix ibex 144 w/ one boots. Anyone have this board? I can't try it out until tomorrow afternoon but I've heard it has great tracking and lots of pop. Any thoughts?
    Lance Saville

2009 Mobius LSV

I have the same board. This is my first season with it and I am still trying to get used it. The pop seems unpredictable to me, sometimes it punts me other times nothing. Other than that it handles very well and I think in time I will really like it. With our first season of wakesurfing I haven't boarded much.
    -McMoomba

2008 Outback V

How heavy are you guys that are riding the 144? I'm trying to gauge board length for a 200#er.

Thanks

There are wizards/gauges on the net to help determine length board as to weight. I am 260 and ride a 144. Seems big but I am able to go slow to try things and dont feel bogged down.

Lance, I kept an eye for you on the 4th. We ended up going thru narrow section to Shasta Ford landing.
    Last edited by mcdye; 07-13-2009 at 02:34 PM.
    2014 Mojo Surf
    2013 Mojo Sold
    2010 LSV Sold
    2002 OB LSV Sold

Default Ronix

I have a RONIX- COVIN 138.......L O V E I T! The other boards are a Hyperlite Motive I keeop on board for beginners and a Liquid FORCE 144 also

Quote Originally Posted by mnpracing View Post
    How heavy are you guys that are riding the 144? I'm trying to gauge board length for a 200#er.

265 myself

Lance, I kept an eye for you on the 4th. We ended up going thru narrow section to Shasta Ford landing.
    We were kinda all over the place, we started around arlie moore, and ended up finding a nice big empty cove on the northwest side of the lake to practice boarding and do some surfing without ruining the water for anyone else. Got my fiancee up on the water for the first time too, was sweet.

And here's the proof! hey and don't knock the wake, we were scootin' at 18mph for her to edge around between the wakes

Lance Saville

2009 Mobius LSV

I'm 6'-4", 210lbs. and have the Ibex 144 / One bindings set-up. Of the four set-ups I've owned and ridden I LOVE THIS ONE THE MOST!!! I've never had a problem with unpredictability. The pop is huge but the landings are super soft. The rails on this thing carve just like the early 2000's Parks Hyperlite boards and never catch while doing surface spins. I'd by this board over and over again.

The One bindings couldn't get much better either. My only complaint is that I've never been in a pair of boots that I don't have to re-tighten after the first run. I've accepted the fact this is just something that is what it is.

You'll enjoy your ride greatly!
    We are eternal, all this pain is an illusion.

Awesome Lance and props to the little lady.

She looks lieks shes doing the same as my buddy does. Its ok when you start but get out of this position before it becomes your comfortable postion and becomes a habit.

If she stay out to the starboard side wide like that she is leaning to hard on her heels. Stand up a little straighter, bring her hip to the handle, lean hard back on the board, this will help it center her weight and pull her right behind the boat. She also needs to stop fighting your boat. Let those arms get straight and stop leaning over the toe side. She will feel the pain from these little mistakes tomorrow. Her lower back will be sore and her arm will be rubber.

I'm no expert thats for sure but i know the stance she is in for these pics will make her pay dearly in the learning curve.

Hope to see more pics of you both on the boards bro. Awesome time.
    Malo <--- Means--Evil or Mean One. This explains a lot.
    2013 Mojo 2.5 Skylon Tower. Bestia < Beast >
    [COLOR="#696969"]

Thumbs up Thumbs up for the ibex/one setup !

Thanks guys, got to try the ibex/one setup today and it rocks, it's a bit slippery for my taste, but I think it's just me being new to this and not used to how theboard feels. Tim from Ronix is sending me some 1 inch tracking fins to try while I'm learning so we'll see if that gives me a little more stability this weekend.

And not to worry Mike, that was day one, she had good form today, she dropped her left hand behind her to help her line up and worked more on edging. It was just the two of us practicing today so we didn't have anyone to get any shots, but theres not a whole lot to see yet either just edging between wakes and SLOWLY going up and over the wakes to get outside, it feels like skateboarding on bumpy ice if that makes sense, when I go over the wakes, gonna take some getting used to for sure, but I've got the rest of my life to practice
    Lance Saville

2009 Mobius LSV

We are ArMoore bound, Sat...if you are in the water. (weather permitting)
    2014 Mojo Surf
    2013 Mojo Sold
    2010 LSV Sold
    2002 OB LSV Sold