Thread: board size

Default board size

what is a good board size for a kid 5,4 115 pounds
    any info would be great

Default Replying to Topic 'board size'

Buddy,
    You might try the board wizard at wakeworld, pretty good at seeing what's out there in one place. Good Luck!
    http://www.wakeworld.com/Wizard/Boards.asp

I would recomend a 130 to 134. The Board Wizard at Wakeworld.com is a good tool.

thanks im new to wakeboarding i use to kneeboard not enjoying it as much anymore getting same old crap cant do any badass things on it

My son uses a CWB Absolute Platinum 134 he is 5'4" and weights 120 lbs. He loves the board.

I would build your own. The one's that are commercially built and sold are far too heavy and a lot less manueverable. Start with either a carbon composet or a fibergrass "flexiglass" mix for more forgiveness. Ask the folks at Lowe's or Home Depot for help. This will aid you in getting a LOT better quicker
    Sloppy

2001 Moomba Outback LS w/tower, ballast and 320hp Indmar TBI. 4 blade prop, front and rear ballast

Hmmmm, build your own? I would think for safety reasons alone it would be better to follow a tried and true design and buy a board. How would you know if your homemade board was strong enough to keep from breaking in half or something? And you still have to buy and install fins and hardware to hold the bindings down. Not to mention getting the shape, size and curve of the board correct. Seems like a used board would be a lot less effort and not too expensive.......just my 2 cents.

Brian

I can't say building your own is for everyone. You need to have a little bit of carpentry in your blood. However, crafting it to put in your binders and fins is not that difficult. As for safety make sure that you use an aluminum type liner or some other lightweight material. Ask the folks at Lowe's what will work best. They don't know about wakeboarding but if you explain what the dimensions you need and what the purpose is, they can give you a start. Post me if you need help. Let me put it to you this way, guys like Darren Shapiro have custom made boards. They are lighter and more manueverable than what you can buy. The reason is once they are mass produced, materials need to be supplied to the manufactuer and prodution cost need to be lowered to make a neccesary profit. By buying your own "ingredients" you can cook a better meal. But you need to know how to cook. I personnaly made my own board and have been able to cut better, get more air and do quite a few more tricks than with a purchased board.
    Sloppy

2001 Moomba Outback LS w/tower, ballast and 320hp Indmar TBI. 4 blade prop, front and rear ballast