Thread: Vinyl issues

Default Vinyl issues

I have all three covers on the back of my XLV splitting the seams. It is happening where there is no piping between the red and grey. I have someone that is going to restitch them but he said that sometimes that doesn't fix it if it is dried out.

What do ya'll suggest? I have thought about having one solid piece put on each one so that traffic doesn't affect it since there would be no stitches. This is my 2nd moomba and so far this is the only complaint I have had. Both boats have done this.

Who would I contact as SC to get solid pieces that will fit my XLV?

Thanks in advance.

So i have to ask a couple questions here. Is it outside exposed? Do you treat the vinyl? I only ask as you stated it happen to two boats and that that type of issue generally occurs from deterioration of the threads when untreated and exposed to the elements too long.

Also i've never seen a one piece cover on any Moomba unless a custom upholsterer did it so i seriously doubt SC will have such a thing.
    2007 Mobius LSV

Yeah, it stays outside with the cover on and I know that isn't the best option, but it's all I got. I treat the vinyl 4 or 5 times a season and at the end and beginning of each. I figured that this was the problem. I meant to say that if it was a solid piece from the get go, this to me, would be a better thing. None of the other stiching is doing this. I do have a custom place that I am taking it too to restitch it. If that doesn't work, I will have the solid peice done.