Default 12v power outlets

I tried to use one of my 12v power outlets on my 06 OBV to fill our tube and the compressor would just pulse on and off. Have any of you experienced this and is there some way to utilize the outlets for that type of amp draw or are the outlets really just for low power applications such as a cell phone charger?

Thanks

More than likely the pump/compressor uses more amps/watts than the outlet can provide. Check specs on the pump to see what it draws. I had the same thing happen when i got a new Airhead 120v/12v Superpump, draws some 800+ watts so i installed a 1000w inverter to solve the problem running it 120v. Wimpy pumps take forever to air big tubes but this thing does it no time at all.
    2007 Mobius LSV

2nd Razz's comments. the 12v work fine for the small pumps to air stuff up. we have a water trampoline that uses a larger pump. we have to hook the inverter up directly to the battery (should mount perm like Razz but i am not as good as him).

Thanks! I actually had the power inverter plugged into the 12v socket, I didn't think to wire it directly to the battery (...duh I guess that's what the extra set of pigtails was for in the power inverter box...)

If it's a square-wave inverter, the power from it may be too dirty for the pump to work. If it's not clearly labelled as a sine-wave inverter, it's probably a square wave model.

Much better would be to get a pump that directly takes 12V DC as input.