Thread: Air pressure

Default Air pressure

I have an outback with a single axle trailer. What do you reccommend for air pressure in the tires? It says 65lbs max but i know not max it out. Just looking to get the best gas mileage as possible. Thanks
    Milwaukee, Wisconsin

I am running 55 in my single axle, tires rated 65.
    2014 Mojo Surf
    2013 Mojo Sold
    2010 LSV Sold
    2002 OB LSV Sold

actually If you are running the goodyear marathons run them at max the tread tends to fall off these tires when not run at max pressure

I know this because my girlfriend brother works at a goodyear shop and has seen many sets come back because they dont run at max pressure he said they're nice tires and will last when properly inflated Just a FYI for ya
    2007 Outback V

You can look at them and watch in the mirrors to see what they are doing but I think you'll find you want to run at least 50-55 if not the max.
    My Mom said I'm not allowed to get wet!
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!

I just towed our LS 600 miles and before I left I too checked the tire pressure on our single axle trailer and wondered "ok how much"! I just couldn't put the 65psi in them so I settled on 60psi. Everything was fine during the trip. Keep in mind that there is a percentage of error with all tire pressure gages. I raced cars for over ten years and had purchased/accumulated 4 different expensive tire pressure gages during this time (always looking for the best tools). They varied from each other by 10psi while trying to measure 35psi!!!! The real way to check the pressure is with a tire pyrometer, but come on who is going to do this on a boat trailer tire??? I decided that 60psi was close to the max but just a little under incase the gage I was using was reading low!

I run 60 in mine now. 55 was not looking good when i hit bumps going down the road.
    ________
    Kawasaki ZX900A
    Last edited by superman; 01-24-2011 at 01:48 PM.

most people have single or tandem axle trailers? my deal told me single is plenty good but i see it squat every time i hit a bump...kinda wishing it had 2 axles now.

I have a tandem. I felt that I go too far for a single.
    2008 LSV