Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

A salesman is going to tell you what you want to hear. All the Moomba's are set up for wakeboarding/wakesurfing/skiing. If I wanted a boat for open water, I would have definitely purchased a different rig. Maybe a Cobalt like one of my buddies has. Let it be said he also shelled out about $100k for it, so I would expect much different amenities out of it. His kids wake board behind his boat but when we are out on the lake together guess who's boat gets to pull everyone on their boards???? You got it... The Moomba.
    2007 LSV - All red
    Wetsounds PRO 80's WS420 Eq
    Acme 1433

amen to the demo advice. I was in a similar situation- trying to decide whether to buy an I/O, V drive, or direct drive. I looked at a lot of boats on dry land but couldn't make a decision until I met a Moomba dealer who dropped what he was doing to let me take the boat out and simulate what I would actually be doing when I went boating. That really helped me make a decision. btw got my new outback V out last weekend for my first slalom run; took my wife for her first board ride. What a great multisport boat!

well after owning 11 boats (both salt and freshwater boats) and a 08 lsv now that i feel is the best boat for what im using it for right now, i would not buy it for what you are discribeing. I just dont think you will be happy in open water with it. will it do it? maybe/yes, will it be fun if it gets slightly rough? no.
    Hey, Its Moomba time

Its all about the dash - enjoy the dash, as that is your time between the dates
    13 Mobius LSV-sold
    08 Mobius LSV-sold
    03 Mobius LSV-sold
    life is about finding the balance between being a responsible adult and staying young at heart

Cool

I would never buy an inboard boat that would go in open water. You will be puting another bilge pump to stop the boat from sinking with the amount of water that would come over the bow. But I love the sports of wakeboarding and wake surfing. I have no use for skiing, tubing, or go fast boats. However, as I get older I might want a wooden boat of some kind maybe a Chris Craft if I hit the Donald Trump Lotto, but thats my familyand I. I agree with everyone else you need to purchase a boat more for you and your family. I may get yelled at for this but I think Mastercraft might have a boat more for open water that could also be a wakeboard specific boat. Just remember the main thing is that your wakeboarding. Moomba is more reasonable and a great boat, but Mastercraft has got a few models that might suit your needs more and I dislke I/O's after owning a inboard. They will be close in price to your Sea Ray so bring your check book.
    2008 Mobius LSV Brittany Blue and Black

I also agree with the Demo suggestion. I have an 08 LSV and love it.... For wakeboarding... We usually boat in brackish water on the River Delta near Sacramento in California and it operates fine. However when a larger 40'+ boat passes/meets us it gets a little rough. There have been a few times i have encountered boats of the size you mentioned and was very nervous. We made it through OK but I would not want that rough of a ride on a regular basis. It handles OK on rough water but it would get really old taking that abuse for 45mins. I know a lot of people are suggesting the XLV but I would tempt you to at least check out the largest Supra. The hull shape and depth give it a lot smoother ride in rough water. But I do love my Moomba. All in all. Demo a lot and buy the boat for what you will use it for the most. Happy hunting.