Default LED interior lights

Who's done it on an older boat not equipped with interior lighting? I'm thinking of doing my cupholders and maybe a few courtesy lights in the front and rear. Of course, like every good ricer I want to do some transom underwater LED's but that will have to be a winter project.

Who's LED'd their interior? Talk about the process, relative cost, wiring, where you purchased from, etc. I've seen threads on other forums but nothing Moomba specific.
    Sold my Moomba. Currently boat whoring.

Set Ups - 09 CWB Transcend Platinum w/ 09 Ronix Cells (his) and 08 Liquid Force Angel w/ 08 Alloys (hers)

I put some in mine. I didn't light the cupholders and all that jazz, though. I put some red LEDs under the gunwales and under the instrument panel, and I put some white ones in the storage compartment. I just bought some cheap ones from west marine, wired them up to some speaker wire that tapped into the nav lights and that was all it took.

Quote Originally Posted by NCSUmoomba View Post
    I put some in mine. I didn't light the cupholders and all that jazz, though. I put some red LEDs under the gunwales and under the instrument panel, and I put some white ones in the storage compartment. I just bought some cheap ones from west marine, wired them up to some speaker wire that tapped into the nav lights and that was all it took.
    sounds like something I'd like to start with..

pics?

Set Ups - 09 CWB Transcend Platinum w/ 09 Ronix Cells (his) and 08 Liquid Force Angel w/ 08 Alloys (hers)

check out these two links. they are both about LED upgrades.

https://forum.moomba.com/showthread.php?t=7621

https://forum.moomba.com/showthread.php?t=7567
    You may all go to Hell, and I will go to Texas.--Davy Crockett

I put in 18 of the oznium leds. Very happy with the cost and the preformance! I have 10 under water and so far no problems. the other 8 I put in for interior lighting.
    Works great. If anything might be a little over board with all 8 of them on??

www.oznium.com

I used 3 different types of LED's from www.owllighting.com on my XLV. I put 4 of the cluster lights around the bottom of the main seating area, 2 of the step lights in the bow mounted by the grab handles, and 2 strips one on each side mounted above the cupholders. It turned out pretty good, I'll try and post some pictures pretty soon.

Excellent responses. Pics are appreciated. I learned a lot from the two threads linked. Thank you!

I have an empty accessory switch - can I get some insight on how to wire these all to one switch?

Be sure you use a relay. Wire everything to the relay to operate the lights. The switch will operate the realy. I can not remember what the total amps the switch can handle. The relay can handle at least 30 amps. I hope this helps. Here are a few pictures of my LEDS

Tazz 07' Moomba LSV --Kicker Marine Amps (MX700.5 & MX350.4) 6 polk DB651 speakers, 4 MB Quartz Marine Speakers, 10" Boston Acoustic Sub, Z-5 Cargo Rack, Custom Speaker/Light Bar, modified ballast system, Custom LED Rings
    Live life to the extreme and no less!!

Default i did the leds 200 bucks maybe.

i put 4 strips one up under each side. 2 4 bulb led floods in the front up under the seat. one 72 cm strip inder the dash and also wired in 10 prewired leds into plexiglass rings i made for my tower speakers. then i went and bought 10 6led pucks and mounted them under the swim platform. everything looks sweet ill try and post some pics. thinking about putting some leds by the radio and in some up holders. if you know anything about wiring then its a very simple procedure. tan em all to 2 accessory switches in the dash.