Thread: Center window

Default Center window

I prefer to always leave my center window open on my '05 LSV.... Well, honestly, I just always forget to close it when I'm trailering. I'm afraid that one day on a longer trip, a big bump will make the window bounce and damage it. Has anyone installed anything to hold the center window in an open position so that it's pretty secure? I was thinking of installing a strap with a button to snap onto the passenger side window, but I want something pretty easy to install...

Any ideas?

I've always thought the window open offered less wind resistance. I never shut mine (for 3 boats and 10 years now) and trailer all the time. I've yet to have any damage.
    My Mom said I'm not allowed to get wet!
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!

my kids love to run all over the boats at Bass Pro and some of the Tahoes have a magnetic ball mounted to the deck that the window frame sticks to. It's pretty hard to pull off so that might work when trailering.

I always close my window to avoid a big bounce & break.

I shut mine because the window frame is not as structurally sound with it open and the 98s had problems with that. You won't get any different gas mileage whether it is open or closed.
    1998 Mobius
    310 HP PCM
    SOLD

I always trailer with it closed to lessen the wind in the cabin so cushions don't fly out.
    2007 Mobius LSV

^^ agree, and with mine open, the black nub that keeps it off the gelcoat rubs. figure eventually it will rub some of the gel off...

gas mileage is irrelavent. bet it's not even measurable.
    '06 Supra Launch 20SSV-gone but never forgotten

Quote Originally Posted by Razzman View Post
    I always trailer with it closed to lessen the wind in the cabin so cushions don't fly out.
    speaking of cushions flying out; does anyone take their front cushions out wehen trailiering?

the dealer said some people have had issues with the front ones flying out and since i had a seven hour drive ahead of me, i pulled them out just in case.
    '08 OBV-gravity III with two 550 lb & one 400 lb, 3 pair of Kicker KM613 cabin speakers, Kicker KM10 sub, one set KM6500.2 HLCD tower speakers, Kicker ZXM700.5 amp, Kicker ZX450.2 & Kenwood KMR-440U head unit

I just towed for 6 hours without one even budging.
    2007 Mobius LSV

Quote Originally Posted by flex View Post
    speaking of cushions flying out; does anyone take their front cushions out wehen trailiering?

the dealer said some people have had issues with the front ones flying out and since i had a seven hour drive ahead of me, i pulled them out just in case.
    I lost my cooler cover once @ about 70 MPH. I have never had a problem with the front cushions ('07 OBV).