Default stereo Head unit kenwood 225MR

I have a buddy that the HU just stopped working ( no power) we check the fuses, the boat breakers and even tested the incoming power and ground all seem fine. hit the reset many times to no avail. It has hardly any hours on the radio. any other input to try would be great. most likely will have to replace unit. Do these things just die at the drop of a hat.

A Day at the Lake...Priceless
    A Day in Powder...Endless

Joe V
    2012 Möbius XLV~ Loaded & Exiled
    2007 Outback V ~ sold

Did you try pressing and holding the SRC button? Once in a while when I hit a big wave, mine will shut off. If I press and hold that button, it turns right back on. I hope that helps.

yep tried that, thx

Joe V
    2007 Outback V ~ sold

I had an old Kenwood head unit that would work great in the garage but would cut out for no reason on the water all the time. I'm not talking about when I hit a wave or something either. I could be idling around or sitting still and it would just cut out. I'd have to shut off the power and then hit the reset and wait. Sometimes it would come back on and sometimes not. Got fed up and replaced it.
    My Mom said I'm not allowed to get wet!
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!

I had the same problem after replacing all my speakers,adding a second amp and a second battery to my '06 LSV.All speakers on the right side went out just like that.well I took it back to get it checked out and sure enough,it was the receiver,the only thing that hadn't been replaced.the good news in all this was that I was able to find a replacement(KDC-232MR),which also allowed me to use my existing wired remotes at the transom and drivers seat.Crutchfield had them reduced for 99 bucks and it sounds great.Good luck

Replaced the hu with a kenwood 442u and all is fine the 225 just plain o died.

Joe V
    2007 Outback V ~ sold