Default Water in storage lockers at back of boat

I have an Outback V with the storage lockers on the sides of the engine in the back and they never seem to dry. One holds the ski's and a wake board so I would expect that one to be wet sometimes, but the drivers side has only dry stuff and it seems to never dry. I keep a full cover over the boat and my bilge is working good. So I don't know where it's coming from?

Anyone have any suggestions? Or a similar problem?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by slalomskier View Post
    I have an Outback V with the storage lockers on the sides of the engine in the back and they never seem to dry. One holds the ski's and a wake board so I would expect that one to be wet sometimes, but the drivers side has only dry stuff and it seems to never dry. I keep a full cover over the boat and my bilge is working good. So I don't know where it's coming from?

Anyone have any suggestions? Or a similar problem?

Thanks
    Ballast fittings? Check the connection from the ballast drain hose to the thru-hull as well.

It has to be dripping from somewhere. Passengers, equiment, coolers? I run a fan in the boat in the garage for 3 days after every use.
    My Mom said I'm not allowed to get wet!
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!

I don't have ballasts, so it can't be coming from there.

I don't think it's coming from below as the bilge pump works fine and it would really have to be a lot of water to fill the engine center section to get up to the carpet level on the sides.
    And I haven't seen any water dripping from above from rain.

I have used the fan when we pull it out of the water but for the summer the boat stays in the water.

Do you have a lot of people lying out on the back of the boat when they are soaking wet? My 07 Outback V gets pretty wet in the storage lockers when there is a lot of people back there swimming and then lying out on the cushions to dry off.

I think Canuckle head's thoughts are the most likely but a few other possibilities:

1. When we are really heavy (surfing) and the wife stops quickly sometimes water will rush up and into the cracks between the pads and the hull.

2. Where is your bilge located? Is it at the very back or a couple of feet forward? Possibly when you accelerate, all the water rushes to the back raising it up high enough to get that area wet? By the time you check it, you are flat again and there is no standing water.
    04 XLV

I am sure the second one happens to just about everybody and we are not aware b/c we can't see it.
    My Mom said I'm not allowed to get wet!
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!

Thanks for the suggestions. I think the 2nd point is a good one. I never thought about the water in the bildge moving. I think the pump is foreward of the engine.