Thread: fat sacks

Default fat sacks

Help
    Hey All!!
    I have a 02 mobious v that has been a great boat with one exception. The fat sacks have been constantly leaking and even in some cases draining completely. I have been totally satisfied with the boat except for this one thing. I don't want to have to drop a bunch of cash on a boat that has less than a hundred hours on it. Does anyone out there have any ideas. Its warming up here in idaho and we are getting excited about another summer. Idaho water sports in caldwell has been great to work with thanks tom.
    Late,
    Luke
    Luke Smith
    1610 N 17th St
    Boise,ID 83702

Default Replying to Topic 'fat sacks'

I also have a mob V. My sacs have leaked too. Its depends on where they are leaking as to what to fix. Mine mostly leak at the quick connect. Its pops off some times. Im going to put a thick rubber band around the hose underneath the tabs so the tabs can be moved. Another leak that Iv had is where the blue screw conecter that connects on the clear part of the bag; its comes unscrewed and leaks or gets cross threaded and comes off. Haven't figured out how to fix that one yet. I think Im going to build some alluminum tanks and do away with the bags.

I have 02 LSV and the seams of the light blue bags (inner liner) started to give way causing slow leaks. I visited my local Moomba dealer and the warrenty cover'd all three bags, and now I have new heavy duty, phat sacks so durable you can fill them and stomp on them and they'll not burst.thanks to Moomba's warrenty. Check your dealer and don't let him back out on warrenty, its 5 years on the boat and parts.

I took my sacs to the dealer to show them that the blue water bed connecter would not tighten up on the bag and would come off when the bags are being filled. They told me that they couldn't warranty the bag and to take RTV and sealed the threads. Does this sound right? Just wondering if anyone has run into the same situation.

I took my sacs to the dealer to show them that the blue water bed connecter would not tighten up on the bag and would come off when the bags are being filled. They told me that they couldn't warranty the bag and to take RTV and sealed the threads. Does this sound right? Just wondering if anyone has run into the same situation.

I have used white pipe thread tape for a better seal.
    Bruce Fuerstenberg

Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting...holy shit!...what a ride!

Iv tried that and also tried silicone. I even replaced the blue water bed connector and it still comes off.

I had the same problem and finally used shoe glue (for re-adhering rubber soles- stroung stuff) and the cap has not budged.
    2006 Outback V

I found this thread regarding this topic...
    http://www.gulfcoastwakeboarding.com...0&get=last

Hope this helps!