Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Great choice on the bimini. That is why I need to sell my other one. Go to the link that I gave you and see the Kenwoods that they offer. The link that I sent has a stereo that will work with your current remotes. Just unplug the old HU and plug it in the new one. That easy. I also used the new wire harness to hook up the power and very important the memory wire. I took the memory wire off of what it was connected too and wired it direct to the battery. This way when you turn off the stereo and turn off the stereo accessory switch, you will keep all your settings. Let us know if there is anything else that we can help you with.
    Tazz
    Tazz 07' Moomba LSV --Kicker Marine Amps (MX700.5 & MX350.4) 6 polk DB651 speakers, 4 MB Quartz Marine Speakers, 10" Boston Acoustic Sub, Z-5 Cargo Rack, Custom Speaker/Light Bar, modified ballast system, Custom LED Rings
    Live life to the extreme and no less!!

OK. I think I have it narrowed down now. What do you think about this?

Possible changes from your advice.

Head Unit: Kenwood KTS-MP400MR(Has 3 preamp outputs) Hard to find in stock at most places.
    Costs around $150.00 (I already have the ipod ip-500 adapter and I think my wired remote will still work).

Or

What I am leaning towards

Head Unit: Sony CDXH910UI (also has 3preamp)
    Costs about $250.00 (Has USB for Ipod direct. But would need new wired remote.

Wired remote: $100.00 for Sony RM-X60M/R or $55.00 for Sony RM-X11M (See links below)

http://www.sonystyle.com/webapp/wcs/...52921665801207

http://www.sonystyle.com/webapp/wcs/...52921665801227

Amp: Use the ZX200.4 (already own it, but not enough power for the 6x9’s)
    Cost: Free

Or

New Amp: Kicker MX350.4
    Cost: Found it for under $200.00

Any opinions?

I'll stay out of the deck/remote choices but...
    I would def upgrade that 200.4.
    The other thing I wonder about is why are you set on the Polk sub? Have you thought any about the Kicker L-5?
    That sub is perfect for that 700.5. With the right enclosure it will pound under your dash.
    Why not keep your deck and buy a nice EQ? That way you can run multiple amps and have far better control of the system.
    I can adjust my bass, towers, and interiors all independently. Best bang for the buck. You can tune your system way easier as well. Just leave you deck adjustments flat and run your one rca to the eq and the 3 sets from the EQ to the amps. Check my profile for pics.

PWI as usual...

Quote Originally Posted by newty View Post
    I'll stay out of the deck/remote choices but...
    I would def upgrade that 200.4.
    The other thing I wonder about is why are you set on the Polk sub? Have you thought any about the Kicker L-5?
    That sub is perfect for that 700.5. With the right enclosure it will pound under your dash.
    Why not keep your deck and buy a nice EQ? That way you can run multiple amps and have far better control of the system.
    I can adjust my bass, towers, and interiors all independently. Best bang for the buck. You can tune your system way easier as well. Just leave you deck adjustments flat and run your one rca to the eq and the 3 sets from the EQ to the amps. Check my profile for pics.
    Thanks Newty. I did not even think about that...... Thought I had my mind all made up. But looks like I may have to rethink things. What type of EQ do you recommend? Do you know how much it should cost? I have always stayed away from EQ's since back in my car audio days... But we ran alot less speakers and amps then to.. I am for sure going to replace the 200.4 amp with either a 350.4 or 450.2 for the towers. Which one would you go with? I was going with the Polk sub just so everything would match...... Kinda stupid I know but.... The girlfriend likes it that way.... Thanks alot for the advice.

Wetsounds makes a nice EQ. Clarion makes a little more affordable EQ but the quality isn't there. Thats what I run for the time being but will eventually upgrade.
    Do a little research on EBAY and you will see the different makes and models.
    350.4 will prolly work for what you want but if you ever plan to upgrade, I would go for the 450. There isn't a big difference in cost and you can always turn them down.

PWI as usual...

I was just reading this thread. How does soemone get banned on the 1st post????? must have made the moderator gods upset. JK
    A Day at the Lake...Priceless
    A Day in Powder...Endless

Joe V
    2012 Möbius XLV~ Loaded & Exiled
    2007 Outback V ~ sold

Who? What? Where? I miss something?
    2007 Mobius LSV

JonyB under his name 3 posts up it says Banned.
    Malo <--- Means--Evil or Mean One. This explains a lot.
    2013 Mojo 2.5 Skylon Tower. Bestia < Beast >
    [COLOR="#696969"]