Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default tower lights and anchor question

anyone have tower lights either included on the speaker bar or added on separate and are the worth getting cause they help or just make the tower look more cluddered?

what kinda anchor is everyone using and how many lbs?

I have 3 forward and 3 aft and added them to a bar on top of the tower... I end up after dark on the return trip alot. Pretty bright... I will try and get some pix this weekend I need to put up some other mod pix also.

Anchor I think mine is 12 lbs it has 4 fold out and lock in place legs? It seems a little over kill to me but it dont move all day . I hook a anchor budy and set it when I first get to my spot and leave it there all day. It dont move.

I have been wondering myself exactly what the tower lights are for. i mean in the day time they are pretty useless right? At night i thought you cant ahve lights on unless its the nav lights?

As far as anchor, i have a 15lbs mushroom style anchor, its 4 molded blades instead of the normally mushroom, they call it a lunch anchor because its what you use for short periods a few hours, not good to hold the boat all night in current.
    Malo <--- Means--Evil or Mean One. This explains a lot.
    2013 Mojo 2.5 Skylon Tower. Bestia < Beast >
    [COLOR="#696969"]

No tower lights here.

Anchor is i use is a fluke or danforth style anchor similar to these here. Holds well. Does not take up as much space in the boat as it lays flat. I slide it under the drivers seat. The front of the boat is open for ballast

http://www.overtons.com/modperl/prod...ID=1008&r=view
    2008 Mobius LSV Blue and Black.

I have Tower lights on my boat as well. I have two facing forward and three facing back. I use them when we are setting up camp at night. If you ever been to Vegas and seen the Luxor Light, that's how bright it is. As for the anchor, I use a large box anchor. It has been the best anchor that I ever use. It gets pretty windy here in Vegas and when the boat is set, it does not move until I pull it up. I will post pictures of my tower when I get back into town.

Tazz
    Tazz 07' Moomba LSV --Kicker Marine Amps (MX700.5 & MX350.4) 6 polk DB651 speakers, 4 MB Quartz Marine Speakers, 10" Boston Acoustic Sub, Z-5 Cargo Rack, Custom Speaker/Light Bar, modified ballast system, Custom LED Rings
    Live life to the extreme and no less!!

No lights for me with the exception of the docking lights.

As far as an anchor, I have two. One is a larger fluke style for the front and a smaller fluke for the rear. I think that I have to go with a heavier one for the front since it likes to skip on the bottom when trying to set it. It may be due to the clay bottom we have, but bigger is always better.

are you guys using a rope or a chain on the anchor. had someone tell me the weight of chain lets the slack fall to the bottom and set the anchor better whats your opinion on that?

I just use a Home Depot Nylon tread rope, 100 ft sections, 10 bucks each, it floats, doesn't rot and drys fast, 3/8 is the thickness. I think it was Razz or Tazz who turned me on to this.

I dont ever leave my boat unattended, we just drop anchor for swimming and such.
    Last edited by mmandley; 07-05-2009 at 06:46 PM.
    Malo <--- Means--Evil or Mean One. This explains a lot.
    2013 Mojo 2.5 Skylon Tower. Bestia < Beast >
    [COLOR="#696969"]

I have the roswell 6 light bar. Doesn't get much use. Helpful when loading the boat and comes in handy when wakesurfing. Lights are super bright.
    Not really a necessity.
    Attached Images Attached Images

1/2 inch anchor line
    2008 Mobius LSV Blue and Black.