Default Fat Sacks Size Next to LSV Engine

I previously asked a question about the weight of the fat sacks in the 3-bag Bertha Ballast system from the factory. I currently have the single, standard ballast bag in the ski locker. I was told that the bag in the ski locker is 400lbs and that each of the two bags that go in the compartments alongside the engine were 250lbs each. I have seen where Straightline offers a two sack package, specifically for the compartments next to a V-drive at 350lbs each. I also see where Straightline has the new squared off rectanglular sacks at 440lbs each that would likewise appear to fit. All that having been said, I have seen other postings in the other areas of this BB that indicated concern about the thickness of the flooring in the two compartments alongside the engine and how various people have pulled up and replaced or reinforced the flooring in those compartments. Does anyone know if the floor in those compartments can safely handle sacks weighing more than the factory 250lbs??? Also, could I add just the sacks and later purchase the hoses, connectors, etc., to convert them to the automated factory system? Thanks in advance.
    Shoe

Default Replying to Topic 'Fat Sacks Size Next to LSV Engine'

I am assuming that you got your Boat from South Austin Marine. Drop by there and talk to Joby. He can give you all of the info you need on Balast bags. I am running a 750 center, a pair of 540's beside the motor, and a Pair of 350's up Front. They have the Bladders with out the outside bags that costs about half the normal price. They also have the pumps for just add the water in without running it with the center bag. I would suggest putting bags in front and rear, and not just in the rear. Go talk with Joby and he can get you hooked up with the bladders for around 50 or 60 a peice. Tell him Jeremy sent you over. I am in there a couple of times a week.

Thanks, Jeremy,
    I hooked up with Joby and got two 540lbers for the compartments on either side of the engine. Joby didn't think I would need any bags upfront, so I will try it like this first.
    Shoe

Jeremy,
    One question, where do you put the pair of 350s up front?
    Shoe

At this point I don't have a Wake Plate, but I am getting one. I put one 350 on the floor up front, and the other across the seat. I am using the 350's to help get the boat on plain easier without the Plate in back. After I get the plate on I will sell the 350's and get another pair of 540's for added weight.

Jeremy,
    Went out yesterday for the first time with the new pair of 540s - what a huge difference. With the ski locker bag filled and the two 540s pretty much filled, both my sons were very pleased with the huge, well shaped wake. I sure noticed a big difference in the boat acceleration pulling up the riders - it seemed really slow, not like without the 1,000 extra pounds. Thanks for the advice.
    Shoe

I am glad it is to your liking. I am thinking about going up to a GG SSV. So I might be trading in my LSV soon. I am hoping that the SSV with the SS bags will be a lot bigger, and I will add in the other bags to what I have now also. I am thinking it will be a huge wake.