Default Idle issues and no power out of the hole

I have a 2005 lsv carborated and it surges when in idle and has little power out of the hole. I have changed out fuel filter and I just cleaned and rebuilt the carb a week ago and is not any better please help i cant even get out of the hole with 4 riders in the boat

Have you checked the Fuel Pump or for water in the tank? When you rebuilt the carb did the float look corrored this is a sign of water in the tank.

Wakemaster is right. You have to start at the beginning and check everything. Fuel supply, pump, pressure, etc. A thorough once over will find it.
    My Mom said I'm not allowed to get wet!
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Wake Master View Post
    Have you checked the Fuel Pump or for water in the tank? When you rebuilt the carb did the float look corrored this is a sign of water in the tank.
    I dont think its that cuz sometimes the boat runs great then others it barely can get up and the only time i have the issue is betweeen 1500 2000 rpm
    Like I said earlier my boat surges up and down when idles blows smoke when first started and loss of power between 1500-2000 rpms and if i have that loss of power I can never get my rpms above 3000 when it should be running 4500 So you still think i should try with my fuel first?

have you checked / replaced the cap and rotor yet?
    That was my problem. I think we all think there is hardly any hours on this thing, it couldn't be bad yet... but think about the moisture that is sitting under that clamshell.
    Doug
    02 Outback LS
    Howell, Mi

I have an 06 Outback V and at the end of the first season, I was getting a bad hestitation when I would give it hard throttle. After taking it in twice and changing fuel filter and stuff, I finally got the dealer to meet me on the lake where they were immediately able to see the issue.

Long story short - they replaced the carb because it had a scaling issue on the inside. It sounded like a it was a quality issue during manufacturing. Not sure how big a problem it was.

Since getting it replaced, it's run great (knock on wood).