Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by kaneboats View Post
    Are you kidding me? I have the two snap covers too. I'm afraid to use mine while trailering b/c of the warnings. How fast do you drive? I like to run about 75.
    I'm going to guess you are talking to me. Well going up the steep hills we slow down to 45 or however fast I can go (12000' elevation passes). But our average moving speed is usually low 70's. Open road and flat will go 80-85.

When dealer brought a boat to my house to test fit the garage he tow 60 m each way with brand new boat. (well he is not in business now but for other reasons I presume)
    19 Mondo
    08 LSV, forever loved

I trailer with my boat mooring cover without the poles but only on long distance trips. One word of warning is that if you plan on doing this, you should buy yourself some foam pipe insulation and run your straps with clips through them so that they aren't rubbing the side of your boat.

I was getting some nasty black marks on my hull from them and couldn't figure out why untill someone here on this forum told me that it was because the wind was causing the straps to vibrate at high speed and thus mark the hull.

The pipe insulation solved that issue quite nicely.
    2011 President's Trophy - Check
    2011 Western Confernece Champs - Check
    2011 Stanley Cup Champs - Not so Much....

2007 Outback V

I travel down the road all the time with my factory cover. I make sure I have the poles installed and the cover as TIGHT as I can get it. I then put foam pipe insulation around the straps that may even come close to touching the boat.

I pull my boat 60-80 miles at 70-75mph speeds and have not had any troubles.
    Dustin Kennedy
    2009 Moomba XLV GG

Quote Originally Posted by yearround View Post
    I'm going to guess you are talking to me. Well going up the steep hills we slow down to 45 or however fast I can go (12000' elevation passes). But our average moving speed is usually low 70's. Open road and flat will go 80-85.

When dealer brought a boat to my house to test fit the garage he tow 60 m each way with brand new boat. (well he is not in business now but for other reasons I presume)
    Sorry, yes I was talking to you. If I post directly below the post to which I am responding I don't use the "quote" feature. (If it's someone farther above it makes more sense to use it.)

To me it seems like you should be able to trailer with the snap covers on as the truck blocks most of the wind that would get under the nose of the bow cover. I am sure the warnings are just so they don't have to warranty snap issues as occasionally there will be a snap failure. I think I'll give it a try. Do you use the poles when you trailer? Anything else special to do? Thanks!
    My Mom said I'm not allowed to get wet!
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!

I have the two snap covers for my XLV, one for the bow, and one for the cabin. I leave the poles in and pull it down the road just as if it was sitting in my driveway. The expandable poles keep tension on the covers, and with the snaps about every 6", I've never had an issue with them coming undone traveling down the road.
    2006 Mobius XLV