Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Is my cover trailerable?

Picked up an 02' Outback LS. It has the OEM cover that was included. It is the grey canvas with Moomba and the kangaroo on the windshield area. It has the drawstring ties in the back and has the black straps with clips.

Is this trailerable? I rarely trailer but was wondering if this would be OK if it were raining? Obviously, I'd leave the anti-pooling sticks down but would I would be OK otherwise?

Thanks!

Nope, the factory covers are for mooring only.
    Hey, Its Moomba time

Its all about the dash - enjoy the dash, as that is your time between the dates
    13 Mobius LSV-sold
    08 Mobius LSV-sold
    03 Mobius LSV-sold
    life is about finding the balance between being a responsible adult and staying young at heart

i had the same question when i first got my moomba! i trailer alot 40 miles to my private lake one way and hate trailering without a cover since dirt and grime seams to just find its way between the seats and carpet so im thinking of getting a snap on made also i dont believe you mooring cover or oem cover is even water proof at least my isnt......
    ~Prove it~
    2008 Moomba Outback V
    Upgrades SO FAR more to come for the summer!!!!
    new decals, tinted winshield, new trailer tires.....

I love my snap cover. It serves many purposes...as I have to drive 30-40 miles to the nearest lake, I can just throw my gear inside the boat and not have to worry about it blowing out or getting wet in a freak thunderstorm. It helps keep the dirt and grime out as outbackv mentioned too! I think it just overall looks better pulling down the road, and just a lot less to worry about when you have to drive that far to the nearest lake.
    2006 Mobius XLV

Is that a full snap cover?
    My Mom said I'm not allowed to get wet!
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!

I have both a custom full cover and a custom snap on cover and I use the full cover for gravel roads with dust and I use the snap on cover when traveling through rain. I normally travel with no cover as it will reduce the life of the cover and there could be wear marks both on the cover and the boat.
    1998 Mobius
    310 HP PCM
    SOLD

I would say it depends on how far/fast you are going to be going on trailer. I probably wouldn't trust it going down the freeway more than a mile or 2 since it will probably flap like you can't beleive unless the support poles are in.

I had a custom snap cover built and stretched tight for trailering. I use it everywhere I go as indicated below - dirt, grime, and pebbles find there way into the boat without it.

Also rain storms usually always seem to pop up when I'm in tow and keeps the inside from getting swamped. Still gets wet but not terrible!

2007 Moomba Outback - going, going, GONE
    2015 "NOT A MOOMBA"

Why Not? Play Hard! Get wet

I trailer no cover and it still looks new after two years and I trailer up to three hours one way at times. If i was to get a cover for that it would be a full trailerable cover only, i will not and flat refuse to put a snap down cover on mine. Not saying it will but everyone i've known with a snap down has eventually had issues so i'll just avoid them all together.
    2007 Mobius LSV

trailer all the time with my snap on covers, bow and cockpit, always leave the poles in too. travel 500 miles one way to lake powell, numerous other trips as well. the cover says not for travel i think, but i guess it is a calculated risk that i have taken.

i see lots of covers that people trailer with. some are very good, some much less. i think the new replacement covers that are trailerable are around $500-$800? i would use what you have, if it does not damage to the boat.
    19 Mondo
    08 LSV, forever loved

Are you kidding me? I have the two snap covers too. I'm afraid to use mine while trailering b/c of the warnings. How fast do you drive? I like to run about 75.
    My Mom said I'm not allowed to get wet!
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!