Default Gauge simply 'broke off'??!

I took the cover off the boat yesterday, climbed inside to run through my typical precheck...and dangling down in the driver's cockpit is my battery voltage gauge?!? It looks like the actual white 'case' that holds the gauge just broke off? I'm assuming this is a case of poor original plastic strength, as nothing hit the gauge and it fell off overnight...very strange. Anyway, I haven't dug into it yet, just tucked it away and went for the ride anyway...but need to get it fixed now. Any tips for replacing the gauge (and getting out the part that is still stuck to the dash)?

I have this same problem only it was my fuel
    gauge that snapped. Any ideas on how to fix it?
    Gauge works fine just snapped out some how.
    Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
    2008 Outback

Same thing happened to me recently with the voltage gauge. the plastic cracked all the way around the chrome trim. The gauge fell out and the chrome trim and clear lens also fell out. I just used a light bead of "Gorilla glue" around the crack to glue the pieces back together. Disconnect the gauge at the harness and remove the metal backing bar. Push the whole assembly back into the dash and reconnect the wires and backing bar.
    2006 Moomba Outback V (Yellow)
    -Indmar 310
    -gravity 1 ballast
    -Liquid Audio tower speakers/ 2 12" JL subs / 6 Kenwood interior speakers/ Clarion amp

I live in Dora Al. Smith lake is my home lake

Same here, my fuel gauge broke like that,after i was told a beede factory gauge was $120 plus shipping,I broke out the ole super glue and it has been just fine since
    2013 LSV
    2006 outback DD sold
    2004 Stingray 180LX sold

David

Just wanted to say thanks for all the help. I went the super glue route and it was a piece of cake. Great advice! Thanks again.
    2008 Outback