Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

lance, no problem i used to aid me. i am still a beginner though. i have the 07 ronix vault 144. i like it alot, but i am still learning. it has a toe side rail to help on those tough cuts. i just got the book dvd, i hope this helps
    me
    joe
    Last edited by jmvotto; 06-29-2009 at 07:25 PM.
    A Day at the Lake...Priceless
    A Day in Powder...Endless

Joe V
    2012 Möbius XLV~ Loaded & Exiled
    2007 Outback V ~ sold

Quote Originally Posted by jmvotto View Post
    lance, no problem i used to aid me. i am still a beginner though. i have the 07 ronix vault 144. i like it alot, but i am still learning. it has a toe side rail to help on those tough cuts. i just got the book dvd, i hope this helps
    me
    joe
    have you ridden any other boards? I'm thinking of switching. I love my ronix wakesurf.
    Lance Saville

2009 Mobius LSV

when we work with newbies to get up, i have the person sit on the floor and hold the handle. then i will pull them up to standing, have the person hold their body in the position that they are sitting in. i think often we have a tendency to fold at the hips and get a face full of water.

you should be able to stand up at an angle from sitting on the floor.

good luck!

Quote Originally Posted by lancesaville View Post
    Cool, we'll see you there man. Hey, so what do you think of the vault 144 ? You ever ridden a 140? is there a lot of difference between a 140 and 144 is what I'm wondering...
    Remember I am like you a newbie. This is the first and only board i have ridden like 4x. The way I looked at it a 140 was the min based on current wieght. I was shooting for a 142 or 143. The 144 is probably on the high side but hey the larger surface area and the deal I got from DL. The vault has defined heel/toe side edges to help learn edging (so i was told). Boots go on a certain direction. How much difference in 4 cm good question.

The Book dvd is great IMO, covers it all.
    2014 Mojo Surf
    2013 Mojo Sold
    2010 LSV Sold
    2002 OB LSV Sold

Quote Originally Posted by lancesaville View Post
    have you ridden any other boards? I'm thinking of switching. I love my ronix wakesurf.

Lance I have ridden a buddies Obrien demeted 140 for a season behind his i/o and i liked that alot but i wanted to see if a toe/heel side board would help better. after watching the disc 1 Book DVD this am 5:00 to 6:00 (feeding the newborn) its more in the technique than in the board. i am a slalom skier through and thru, this sideways pull is tough to get used to . The guys on the BB gave me grief for posting pic boadring while using my slalom grip. LOL I am scheduled with Russ Wilde in two weeks I can't wait maybe this old dog can learn new tricks.
    A Day at the Lake...Priceless
    A Day in Powder...Endless

Joe V
    2012 Möbius XLV~ Loaded & Exiled
    2007 Outback V ~ sold

You can try taking the front fin off for a while. It will help you get turned after you get out.
    My Mom said I'm not allowed to get wet!
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!

Thumbs up

Ok so we got it figured out this weekend. SLOW and STEADY pull with gradual speed increase did the trick. Now just need lots of practice. Thanks for the advice/guidance guys.
    Lance Saville

2009 Mobius LSV

Awesome Lance

Im pretty excited also, I finaly crossed my Heel Side wake and stayed up lol. I didnt make it back in the center though, the wake killed me.

It prolly doesn't help that we have all the ballast filled and they wake is pretty big looking but we have a couple pretty good guys with us and they like to have ballast so i just suffer a bit and learn with it so we dont have to drain and refill it constantly.
    Malo <--- Means--Evil or Mean One. This explains a lot.
    2013 Mojo 2.5 Skylon Tower. Bestia < Beast >
    [COLOR="#696969"]

Quote Originally Posted by mmandley View Post
    Awesome Lance

Im pretty excited also, I finaly crossed my Heel Side wake and stayed up lol. I didnt make it back in the center though, the wake killed me.

It prolly doesn't help that we have all the ballast filled and they wake is pretty big looking but we have a couple pretty good guys with us and they like to have ballast so i just suffer a bit and learn with it so we dont have to drain and refill it constantly.
    Thx and congrats also Mike. Oh I didn't fill the new ballast system (3100 lbs) for us since we're still learning, but we filled it for one of my dealers' team riders and he tested out the bigger wake, watching him wakeboard was sweet. Here's a vid snap, think I've got some wake-tuning to do but overall it was good enough for him so should definitely be good enough for us...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gO_xP4KzCPA
    Last edited by lancesaville; 07-05-2009 at 10:12 PM.
    Lance Saville

2009 Mobius LSV

One piece of advice that I always give people trying to learn to get up is to let the boat pull you rather than the rider pulling on the boat. I know that physics say you're both pulling with the same force, but it seems to help people to get out of the water if they're not trying to pull so hard on the handle.