Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Wakeboard Help

Default Wakeboard Help

Guys I am new to wakeboarding. I have been once and did pretty good. But I want to get a different board. I want one that I can progress with. I think mine is mainly for beginners and want something else. I have a 2008 Liquidforce Trip 138 and it seems very heavy. I would like something lighter. Anyone have any recommendations?

Quote Originally Posted by sidetracked3 View Post
    Guys I am new to wakeboarding. I have been once and did pretty good. But I want to get a different board. I want one that I can progress with. I think mine is mainly for beginners and want something else. I have a 2008 Liquidforce Trip 138 and it seems very heavy. I would like something lighter. Anyone have any recommendations?
    Possible look into the 3 stage boards, they are more rounded for more pop and tend to be a little more slippery in the water so there not for beginners, sounds like you got your basic ridding down so this might be a good upgrade board. Everyone makes them so its up to you for the style and company you want to sport.
    Malo <--- Means--Evil or Mean One. This explains a lot.
    2013 Mojo 2.5 Skylon Tower. Bestia < Beast >
    [COLOR="#696969"]

see your local dealer and what they might recommend. I have found that to be the best way. what's good for me may not be right for you..

and you would be helping the locals out
    '06 Supra Launch 20SSV-gone but never forgotten

If you have only been up once then you should be able to progress just fine with the board you have. I have ridden that board and there is nothing I could not do on that board that I do with mine. People think that a better board and bigger wake will make them better. There is no substitute for technique. I have seen people doing inverts behind an I/O with no tower on an old hyperlite board. Get some instructional dvd's that will help your progression much more than a different board for now. Just my 2 cents!!!!

I agree with Hootreville. The trip is a good board. I've never been on one but I've seen people get great air with it and pull some nice tricks. I would stick with it at least until you know your style and what you would want different in a board.

Thanks for the info. I will stick with this one for a little while but it just seems a little heavy for me. But I will keep with it for a while. Thanks again for the input.

Depending on the age of your bindings they might be what's too heavy. Compare the weight of them to friends' boards and bindings and see if it isn't the bindings that are heavy. If you replace them, when you upgrade your board you will be able to continue to use them.
    My Mom said I'm not allowed to get wet!
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!

Well I have the 2007 LF sphynx bindings. They do not seem that heavy.

Nah, those would be fine. My brother has some about 2 years older than that and they weigh a ton.
    My Mom said I'm not allowed to get wet!
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!

I dont want to sound mean or disrespectful but how old are you? If you are younger and a smaller framed person that might be why your combo feels heavy. I have those exact same bindings and an LF PS3 and my setup is really light...Yours shouldn't be much different.