Thread: Surfs up

Default Surfs up

Is there anyone who has surfed without the rope useing only the stock 1200 lbs in an 08 LSV? I get close, however not quite there. This weekend Im going to get a 750 ballast and then If all else fails its time for an XLV.

never tried. put the 750 in your surf side rear locker and fill the front bag up, wake plate 3/4 bow up and you will have a great wave.
    Hey, Its Moomba time

Its all about the dash - enjoy the dash, as that is your time between the dates
    13 Mobius LSV-sold
    08 Mobius LSV-sold
    03 Mobius LSV-sold
    life is about finding the balance between being a responsible adult and staying young at heart

Yep, I think thats the trick. Im going to get a 750 on thursday and friday morning Im on the water. Pics to follow

Quote Originally Posted by KT Mobius View Post
    Is there anyone who has surfed without the rope useing only the stock 1200 lbs in an 08 LSV? I get close, however not quite there. This weekend Im going to get a 750 ballast and then If all else fails its time for an XLV.
    I've done it behind my friend 08 LSV. It has the stock G III balast. It took a few times until I could get my balance right. Once I did that, no problem.
    07 Mobius LS--Razorback Red

We were surfing yesterday, Friends Steve and Chase are a lot better then me, we had a nice big wave and some distance, could probably use more bow weight to lengthen it.

They both got some slack in the rope but couldn't quite get to the sweet spot, they both said it looked like they were going to come right up on the swim deck.

I got a solid run in and got some slack finaly, new longer board is helping a lot.

As of right now im still running a 400 center and 400 rear bags stock set up.
    Malo <--- Means--Evil or Mean One. This explains a lot.
    2013 Mojo 2.5 Skylon Tower. Bestia < Beast >
    [COLOR="#696969"]

I am sooooooo close. Maybe I just need to give it more time. I can get slack in the rope when I come down off the wake toward the boat, but then I loose my speed. This next weekend Im going to stay out until I get it mastered. I still think Im going to go with 750 ballast, if anything to get the wake taller.

I do want to get some 750's just havnt got the cash for that upgrade as its purely a pleasure upgrade, unlike the stereo, ballast portholes, Z5, and such, those were necessities

Right??

LOL
    [COLOR="#696969"]

Quote Originally Posted by KT Mobius View Post
    I am sooooooo close. Maybe I just need to give it more time. I can get slack in the rope when I come down off the wake toward the boat, but then I loose my speed. This next weekend Im going to stay out until I get it mastered. I still think Im going to go with 750 ballast, if anything to get the wake taller.
    Sounds like you are right where I was at the beginning of this season. I was overbraking. Try this: When you start catching the boat, just "tap" on the brakes and resume the full speed position. You really aren't trying to stop, just trying to slow the momentum a bit.
    My Mom said I'm not allowed to get wet!
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!

We were out yesterday and we had the same problem, we had a solid wave i had to have been close to the pocket because id hit the gas a little and almost drive right up on the swim deck, then id lean back a little and slide back into the wave and have to pull my self back with the rope.

We tried farther back in the wave thinking we were too fare forward also. I can get slack now but not for very long.

Im still happy for only my 3rd weekend out with this 5.6 board and im starting to get slack, just have to keep working on it.
    [COLOR="#696969"]