Thread: 360

Default 360

My 16 year old nailed a heelside 360 today and held on to the rope, also a pop shove it on the wake skate. We've had an awesome weekend. Now he's doing back flips off the back of the boat, any tips on doing back flips on a wakeboard. Rock on DUDE.
    We like to MOOMBA MOOMBA!

if you are talking about a heelside tantrum backflip i can give you a little advice ( i know the technique, i'm just too old to stick them every time):

i cut out wide on my heelside. i hold a constant edge into the wake. i have my forward hand at the center of the handle and my rear hand at the normal place you would hold the handle with that hand. now this is the hard part - the timing. when i get to the base of the wake, i let go of the handle with my rear hand. i make my body so that my shoulders are over my feet (my body is not twisted as it would be when holding the handle with 2 hands). at the crest of the wake, i do a standing backflip. one big key here is making sure you flip directly backward. i sometimes make the mistake of looking over my shoulders which throws off your rotation. (the best practice for this is on a trampoline.) as you flip, hold on to the handle & spot your landing. when you land - try to keep your knees slightly bend. i stiff legged one last year and it blew out my knee. i'm attaching a couple pics that i broke down from a video clip - they are blurry, but i hope you get the point. if you can do a standing backflip fairly easily, this trick should come easy - i landed my 3rd or 4th attempt. good luck
    Attached Images Attached Images

here are the rest of the pics
    Attached Images Attached Images