Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default board rack rubber failure

anyone having trouble with the rubber failing out of the racks? My '06 LSV has all of the rubber is coming out of both racks. Any thoughts as to what type of glue to fix this?

I've got that problem also. Haven't tried any fixes yet.
    We are eternal, all this pain is an illusion.

Mine fell out. Scratched my new board. So I ripped them all out and reglue them back in. I used 30min epoxy. You can get it at any Home Depot or Hobby Store. Mine are still in to this day.
    Tazz
    Tazz 07' Moomba LSV --Kicker Marine Amps (MX700.5 & MX350.4) 6 polk DB651 speakers, 4 MB Quartz Marine Speakers, 10" Boston Acoustic Sub, Z-5 Cargo Rack, Custom Speaker/Light Bar, modified ballast system, Custom LED Rings
    Live life to the extreme and no less!!

Thanks Tazz, I'll try that.
    We are eternal, all this pain is an illusion.

Make sure you have rubbing alcohal near by. Use a clean towel with the alcohal to remove any excess glue from around the rubber.
    Glad to help.
    Tazz 07' Moomba LSV --Kicker Marine Amps (MX700.5 & MX350.4) 6 polk DB651 speakers, 4 MB Quartz Marine Speakers, 10" Boston Acoustic Sub, Z-5 Cargo Rack, Custom Speaker/Light Bar, modified ballast system, Custom LED Rings

Being too lazy to completely remove the rubber inserts, clean, and reglue them on my previous boat, I simply added plastic zip ties. They work fine and aren't that noticeable. Zip ties can fit around each prong of the board rack and offer a long lasting fix.
    www.louisianawakeboarding.com

2004 LSV
    Perfect Pass, Integrated ballast (front, rear, middle), Wake Plate, Tower mounted bimini, Swivel board racks, Surf board rack, Tower mounted mirror, Keel guard, 4 tower speakers, 12" sub, 2 amps, transom remote, Bow filler cushion, and the list continues to grow.

Tazz
    Thanks for the reply. How did you hold the rubber on the metal while the epoxy dried? Did you remove the rubber entirely and then start over? I only want to do this once!
    SMAC

Mine fell out too ... just used the 5 minute epoxy from the local hardware store and has held up fine. 30 minute is likely a better route though may be a bit more rigid after cure.

I used Duck tape to hold it down until it was complety cured.

Sorry to dig-up and old thread, but I was curious if anyone has tried anything different to help protect their boards on these racks. I was thinking of buying some of that stuff they sell at Lowe's that people use to "rubber coat" their tools. Anybody do any experimenting???

(I have also thought about taking them to a rhino-lining place to have them sprayed, but am afraid that coating might be too course and scratch the boards anyways......)