Hybrid View

Default horsepower on 1992 Boomerang

Hi, everybody. I recently purchased a 1992 Boomerang and thought this would be a good place to find help and information about the boat. The boat has a carbeurated 351 PCM motor, and I think the previous owner said it was rated at 220 HP. I have ran the boat several times, and I am pleased with its performance. But, I feel like you can never have too much horsepower. Has anyone on this board had any experience modifying this motor? I am very familiar with the small block Ford when installed in cars, but I don't have much inboard boat experience. I know commonly available aluminum heads from Trick Flow, Edelbrock, etc and a different intake and cam would make substantially more power, but would it make much difference in the performance of the boat. I have just had several people tell me it wouldn't be very noticeable on the water. I would like the boat to pull a little better when getting up slalom skiers and maybe run a few mph faster on top. Thanks for any information you can give me.

Default Replying to Topic 'horsepower on 1992 Boomerang'

You would want to check the HP rating of the transmission early in this process to see if it can handle more power.