Thread: Sunk Boathouse

Default Sunk Boathouse

My lake neighbor called yesterday and asked if I was coming to the lake this weekend because he might need some help with his seawall which was leaning over and pushing on the boathouse pilings. His son was starting the job of digging out the behind the seawall so we could pull it back upright and off the pilings when a loud creaking/growning noise started.

This is what it all looked like about 30 mins later. We scrambled & got the pontoon boat out, but an old bass boat is still trapped under the roof.
    Attached Images Attached Images

That sucks....Looks like a big project just turned into an even bigger project.

man, sucks. looks expensive to fix as well.....
    '06 Supra Launch 20SSV-gone but never forgotten

Ouch! At least no one was injured, boats are repairable, people not so much.

Wow, lucky no one was hurt.

If that bass boat wont come out maybee try filling it with water to lower it down to squeaze it out-think mega ballast weight.
    Hey, Its Moomba time

Its all about the dash - enjoy the dash, as that is your time between the dates
    13 Mobius LSV-sold
    08 Mobius LSV-sold
    03 Mobius LSV-sold
    life is about finding the balance between being a responsible adult and staying young at heart

Wow I hate it when a little project turns into a big project. If you can't fill it with some water to get it out just tie a big rope to it and pull really hard. It will come out one way or another that way. or you could pull the pontoon boat along side and use it to rase the structure enougth to get the boat out. Just watchout from the whole thing moving on you. Good luck with the project.
    2008 Outback V - Sold but never forgotten.
    “Do not wait; the time will never be “just right.” Start where you stand, and work with whatever tools you may have at your command, and better tools will be found as you go along." -Napoleon Hill

Ouch! That's terrible. He'll probably have to disassemble the boat house and start over. Might be able to remove sections of roof to get the boat out.
    My Mom said I'm not allowed to get wet!
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!